The UX Designer will lead and direct interface development with business and IT leaders to establish the UI design and usability standards to be applied to all of Echo’s internal and external facing web applications. This person will become proficient in a large suite of applications and have a clear understanding of the business processes driving the usage and interaction with the web-based applications. Additionally, this role will establish and manage a roadmap for refactoring existing applications to meet standards, ensuring that all new applications are designed to standard, not to mention moving the overall design forward, all the while providing Echo with consistent and innovative usability and presentation of our application product suite.
Essential Position Functions
- Active leader in defining enterprise standards for user research, information architecture, interaction design, usability evaluation, and accessibility evaluation.
- Refine and decompose a specification into its simplest elements, translate this logic into a technical design, and implement using visual layout tools to create prototypes, mockups, wireframes, and user interface roadmaps
- Review software interface requirements and design; Lead the design and development of the user interface
- Validate design and development with the inclusion of unit testing to ensure a proper working solution
- Establish UI/UX standards for all internal and external software product lines.
- Establish a central repository and manage all artifacts to support UI/UX standards and communication of standards.
- Establish and manage internal UI/UX governance board to oversee the implementation and adoption of UI/UX standards across the Enterprise.
- Work with Product Owner, Product Manger, Project Manager and Development Tech leads to implement UI/UX standard with supporting development guidelines, frameworks, and tools.
- Work with internal Product Owner to develop and manage centralized prototyping artifacts process and procedures to communicate and obtain sign off of UI/UX standards through prototype demos
- Continue to evolve the UI/UX standards for existing and new applications.
- Work closely with business stakeholders to understand business process flow and ensure UI/UX meets requirements.
- Assist in defining new product development strategy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven leadership capabilities
- Team building skills in fast paced collaborative environment
- 7+ years of desktop, web, and mobile interaction design.
- Experience with all aspects of UX design and an expert at one or more of these aspects, including user research, information architecture, interaction design, usability evaluation, and accessibility evaluation.
- Experience authoring functional and technical requirement specifications.
- Experience managing large development projects, working with both technical and business leaders to maintain status and ensure project deliverables are met.
- Familiarity with SKETCH and SCRUM is a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.