UX - Product Designer at Neighborhoods.com
Neighborhoods.com and 55places.com are looking for a UX-focused Product Designer to create an intuitive and enjoyable user experience across our portfolio of brands.
If you are a user-focused product designer with experience creating and iterating wireframes and have a successful track record of leading product ideation from inception to delivery, do not hesitate, apply today!
What you’ll be doing as a Product Designer:
- Applying your UX and UI skills to an established consumer-facing product with a lot of opportunity for improvement.
- Defining problems and goals, mapping user flows, and prototyping interactions.
- Creating end-to-end solutions through ideation, user research, wireframing, design iteration, and collaboration with engineers.
- Getting to know the hopes, dreams, and quirks of our user base, then creating elegant yet practical solutions to meet their needs.
- Working collaboratively across the organization to help define new opportunities and solve problems using your refined skill set.
- Following an agile workflow in line with the organization’s broader product development practices.
We think you could be successful if you:
- Thrive on presenting your work and explaining your thought process.
- Take the initiative and act on opportunities for improvement.
- Love advocating for users and inspiring a culture of design thinking.
- Can handle the details for multiple projects and deadlines.
- Seek to learn from your colleagues (not compete with them).
- Believe iteration is the best path to improvement.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Establish rapport with your direct report, colleagues, and the leadership team.
- Work with product management to create a roadmap of ideation initiatives that will help drive KPIs and contribute to the growth of the organization.
- Produce work that is production-ready and meets or exceeds KPI expectations.
- Identify areas of process improvement for the product and design team, and build a plan to address those with continuous iteration and improvement.
Within one year, you will:
- Help to drive and complete the UX redesign of 55places.com.
- Establish, implement and iterate on a well-refined product design process that seamlessly interfaces with analytics, user research, product, and other stakeholders in the organization.
- Establish yourself as a product design expert and help mold the product strategy for both the neighborhoods.com and 55places.com brands.
Basic requirements to do the job:
- 3+ years in a Product Designer or UX Designer role.
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS.
- Advanced skills in Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, or other collaborative design software.
- A digital portfolio is required for consideration.
Bonus points if you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Human-Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, Product Design, Interactive Design, or other related fields.
- Experience doing user research, conducting surveys, and synthesizing insights.
Neighborhoods.com is the parent company of 55places.com, 55places Mortgage and its product namesake: neighborhoods.com. Together, our specialized online real estate marketplaces make a difference in the way people buy and sell their home.
Perks & Benefits
- The standards: insurance, FSA, 401k with match, flexible PTO, and casual dress code.
- Paid parental leave.
- Volunteer and charity opportunities.
- Donation matching program.
- Transparent and approachable leadership and management.
- You will help people on the journey to making one of the single most significant decisions of their life!
Our team is currently working remotely. Our company intends to return to in-person office work when it is safe to do so, and employees feel comfortable going in. Candidates may be located in Illinois, California, New Jersey, Florida, Arizona, or a select few other U.S. locations.
Neighborhoods.com is an equal opportunity employer of people from different backgrounds, ethnicities, races, colors, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, and ages. We strive to foster an inclusive environment that is comfortable for everyone. We will not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind.
We encourage candidates from marginalized or underrepresented communities to apply, as we value the unique insight and experiences you bring to the table. Like many companies, we still have work to do in creating a diverse and equitable workplace. We are actively working toward this goal through policies and training that foster a workplace where everyone has the same opportunities to contribute and be successful. If you have any questions about whether or not you should apply or whether your work experience matches a particular requirement, please reach out to us at [email protected]
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Have a question not answered here? Check out our Application FAQ.