UX Research Lead at ShopRunner
We connect customers to the brands they love by way of a thriving marketplace and a members-only service that provides benefits across 140+ of the best online stores. Our members save time and money with benefits including free 2-day shipping, easy 2-click checkout, and free returns all while we help them stay up on the latest trends that appeal.
For merchants, we’re driving eCommerce business, producing insights with a growing data analytics practice to boot. With a powerful two-sided network and a robust data platform, we’re creating an eCommerce win-win, helping retailers compete. The landscape of retail is changing and we’re here to empower retailers to take their place in that exciting evolution.
We have people in offices around the world: Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), New York, San Mateo and Krakow, Poland. We hustle to get things done, creating wins for customers, merchants and each other.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Do you want to create the future of retail for millions of consumers? At ShopRunner, we’re changing the way we deliver experiences to our consumers and partners by putting the customer at the forefront of everything we do. As a User Experience (UX) Research Lead, you will mentor talented researchers and start building a research practice that creates a strong culture of research across the organization. This is a key role that will become a trusted, strategic partner to design and product leaders as well as executives. The work you do at ShopRunner will positively impact the lives of millions of consumers every day.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead and mentor talented UX researchers to build their craft, strengthen our existing methods toolkit, incorporate best practices across research projects, and implement processes to build a strong research practice
- Partner with design and product leaders to implement a repeatable, human-centered design process that solves complex problems and creates experiences that customers love
- Develop a strategic research roadmap and prioritize research opportunities that drive a measurable positive impact on the product and user experience
- Design and execute research studies across multiple products to derive actionable insights about our users’ needs, attitudes, behaviors, emotions, pain points and preferences
- Lead cross-functional design-thinking sessions to build user empathy and drive innovation
- Build trusting relationships across analytics, design, engineering, marketing and product
- Balance your time between being a people leader and a hands-on UX researcher
- Obsessed about customers, never settling for good enough and inspiring others on the team to do the same
- BA/BS degree in Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Anthropology, Human Factors or a related field; Master’s degree preferred
- 6+ years of experience driving UX research for large-scale digital products
- 1-2 years of experience leading a UX researcher team
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each phase of the product development lifecycle
- Experience combining qualitative and quantitative data for deeper insights
- Proven track record of influencing the product and design strategy
- Highly proactive, willing to take ownership and accountability, requires limited oversight
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to travel domestically < 10%
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.