As members of the Experience Design Team, UX team members operate as researchers, consultants, information architects and designers to construct digital experiences for professional services organizations. You partner with clients to uncover their business and brand goals, drive understanding with internal stakeholders and external users, and craft solutions that deliver measurable results.
You will find this role rewarding if you:
- understand that design is an act of communication, and the artifacts you produce reflect this.
- love digital marketing and are compelled to think about balancing its evolution with best practices.
- understand how thoughtful experiences can build a brand and achieve business goals.
- are interested in how people consume information, think and understand – and your goal is excellence, not perfection.
- Have a significant presence in client relationships.
- Execute on UX research efforts, including heuristic reviews, usability testing, A/B testing, landscape analysis and more.
- Develop user personas and map them through user journeys that illustrate how user goals connect with business objectives.
- Create detailed and extensible information architecture, wireframes and KPIs, including functional specification documentation.
- Partner closely with Brand, Visual & Interaction Design, and Development disciplines to bring the solution to life.
- Work on full-site redesign projects, as well as smaller ongoing maintenance projects.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years professional experience
- Experience presenting to significant stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience solving a range of UX problems for a variety of audience types
- An appreciation for the value of organized, rigorous thinking that is balanced with a sense of humor
- Experience designing for Responsive needs
- A deep appreciation for and understanding of usability best practices
- Proficiency in Adobe CS (InDesign) and Sketch
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Experience drafting and conducting usability testing sessions, synthesizing findings and translating them into actionable tactics
- Experience solving complex IA challenges – including the harmonization of multiple domains – a plus
- Experience designing for multi-lingual audiences a plus
- Ability to travel to client sites as projects require, up to 15% of the time