UX Strategists at One North work across a range of digital experiences from websites and intranets to applications and software. They are researchers, consultants, information architects and designers.
As part of the Experience Design team, UX Strategists drive the user-centered design process for clients and cross-functional teams. They follow a test-and-learn iterative approach to drive design solutions forward. They ensure our solutions intersect our end user needs and clients’ business objectives, while balancing technical feasibility.
UX Strategists use design thinking, research and collaboration to gain empathy and understanding about end users. They think about people deeply, what they need and how they use the experiences we design.
· Play a significant role in building and developing client relationships, including leading workshops, presentations, or discovery sessions.
· Lead UX Strategy from Discovery through Define and Design phases.
· Utilize and execute UX research methods as part of the design process, including interviews, surveys, audits, usability testing, A/B testing and analytics analysis.
· Incorporate qualitative and quantitative data to drive design decision making; seek out and recommend new forms of data collection.
· Develop user personas and journey maps that build empathy by illustrating user behaviors, preferences, needs and pain points alongside Digital Strategists.
· Use sketching and prototypes to iterate on solutions.
· Create detailed information architecture, diagrams and flows.
· Create detailed design systems, wireframes and functional specifications.
· Articulate design decisions and trade-offs both visually and verbally to internal and external stakeholders, partnering with Account Managers to educate our clients about the ROI associated with UX recommendations.
· Collaborate closely with Brand Strategy, Digital Strategy, Visual Design, Technology and Account teams to bring the solution to life.
· Work across a spectrum of large- and small-scale projects.
· Bring a strong point of view and approach to the design process.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· 5-8 years professional experience
· Agency or consulting experience preferred
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Strong presentation skills and experience presenting to stakeholders
· Demonstrable experience solving a range of UX problems across a variety of business verticals, technologies and for a variety of user types
· Understanding of usability heuristics, relevant HCI literature and UX best practices
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to multi-task, stay organized and meet multiple deadlines across a variety of projects
· Working knowledge of Sketch, Figma and other current tools for producing wireframes and deliverables
· Experience drafting and conducting usability testing sessions, synthesizing findings and translating them into actionable tactics
· Ability to travel to client sites as projects require, up to 15% of the time