Visual Design Manager
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
We are a rapidly growing business and technology consulting firm that offers exceptional professional services experience in a unique, people-focused environment. From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
To that end, we seek a passionate, motivated, and entrepreneurial visual designer to join our team and help us level up the presentation of our brand and offerings – are you ready to accept the challenge?
West Monroe is seeking an experienced design manager to lead our visual design team in Chicago. The person filling this position will work closely with members of West Monroe’s executive leadership, marketing, communications, and business development teams, as well as individual key stakeholders (practices/practice leaders), to drive clarity and consistency in our internal and external messaging via excellent visual design. Specifically, this position will serve in a leadership role, working with a team of designers, occasionally partnering with practices to deliver well-designed and brand-correct proposals to our high profile clients, strategizing with internal stakeholder leadership to deliver messages that create impact in the market, and guiding the Visual Design team to create tools, templates and processes to enable resources at all levels to better communicate messages to their clients.
This position will act as co-lead of our Visual Design capability to continually build a business case around the value design provides the organization, steward the brand, enforce brand standards and processes, and ensure our brand comes to life internally and externally. We are looking for someone that can help us elevate our visual design capability, mentoring the Design team to generate meaningful design artifacts for West Monroe offerings and harmonizing these artifacts with our messaging–all with the goal of delivering a consistently high level of quality execution in the market. To be successful, this position must bring passion and creative ideas to the table, bring the best out of the team and enable them to take initiative to also contribute to the function, and partner strategically across all levels to achieve goals.
- Co-lead/manage the Visual Design capability and team members, providing regular guidance and coaching of best practices to hone their craft
- Guide the team in evolving and enforcing West Monroe’s brand guidelines across print, digital, and web-based channels
- Represent the Visual Design capability alongside fellow design manager to executive team, managing design team priorities and gaining insights and signoff from West Monroe’s executive team
- Create highly scalable, on-brand, and creative visuals
- Partner with leaders within our consulting practices to brand assets and offerings for go-to-market strategies, also creating visual artifacts to showcase assets
- Perform design quality assurance on proposals, marketing collateral, and deliverables (PowerPoint, Word, Adobe Creative Suite)
- Support design education throughout the firm, creating and executing formal and informal learning sessions on design topics
- Act as a brand steward within the marketing team, championing the importance of good visual design and how it can impact our win ratio or delivery capabilities
- Identify and drive innovative tactics to build our brand internally and externally, improving processes for design requests and execution. Standard design deliverables include:
- PowerPoint Presentations
- Printed Marketing Collateral (experiential/booths, sell sheets, postcards)
- Branded Gear
- Thought Leadership
- Digital Assets (website assets, display ads, interactive snippets displayed on web and social)
- Internal Assets (internal campaign posters, flyers, newsletters)
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or Marketing/Advertising with experience at a professional services organization (consulting, agency) preferred, though not required
- 10-12 years of experience in visual design, cross-team collaboration
- Demonstrated ability to leverage visual design principles around typography, color, and iconography (please include link to or file containing visual design portfolio)
- Experience in representing complex data visually, creation of infographics
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Experience working under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment, taking initiative to plan and execute, able to guide teamwork and operate independently
- Very organized and able to manage time, relationships, and communications, with very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and quality assurance experience
What will make this person successful:
- Past work with consulting firm (in-house design or as a client) a plus
- Motivated, passionate self-starter that is able to balance understanding West Monroe’s current environment and needs with future ideas on how to evolve the function to better serve the firm at large
- Understanding of value delivered is a must – this individual must be capable of creating compelling business cases for how design adds tangible value
Think you’ve got what it takes? Join our team and make us better.