Visual Designer, Product + Marketing
Built In is a network of online communities that has quickly become the #1 recruitment solution for tech companies. We are a company of entrepreneurs building the largest network of communities for entrepreneurs. By working at Built In you'll have the chance to work directly with the latest, and fastest-growing, technology companies all around the country. We help other companies solve their biggest pain points—talent and awareness with our Employer Branding and Recruitment solutions. We currently operate in seven communities: Chicago, Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, NYC, Boston, Seattle and are headquartered in Chicago.
Our design team is looking for a creative Visual Designer to join the team. You'll report to the Sr. Art Director and work on a wide range of Product and Marketing projects in addition to assisting in production of ongoing design projects across the business. We’re looking to bring our brand to the next level and this is a good opportunity at our growth stage to create a really hip visual brand.
- Work alongside the Product and Marketing teams to design pixel perfect visual designs projects
- Provide production support including resizing layouts across multiple breakpoints and updates to existing product pages
- Produce marketing collateral including: one-sheeters, social graphics, how-to guides, swag items, event collateral
- Maintain healthy collaborative relationships with stakeholders and strategize for a successful end project
- Present your work and articulate your design thinking to teammates, product owners and other stakeholders.
- Maintain consistently high standards in design
Skills, Talents, Experience you’ll need:
- 3+ years experience designing web based products, agency experience a plus
- Excellent, highly creative communication and critical-thinking skills.
- Thoughtful design strategy, excellent organizational skills, and a balanced holistic perspective
- Degree in design or related field
- Strong design portfolio with relevant work examples
- A strong background in typography, layout, and color theory ideal
- Have an opinion, produce consistently great work, and champion simplicity
- Must be a team player, self-motivated, optimistic with a 'can-do' attitude
- Ability to speak to design decisions in a critique-based environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take constructive feedback to enhance design projects from multiple stakeholders
- Proficiency with Adobe CS tools and Sketch