VP, Design (UX) at Clearcover
Our Value Proposition: Clearcover is a venture-backed technology start-up disrupting the trillion-dollar legacy insurance market. We’ve focused on building products that create confident, happy customers - and we’re flourishing. We believe in putting our people first, paying them well, and working together to solve tough problems. If you’d like a high-growth opportunity with an award-winning company, let’s chat.
In this role: The Vice President of Design will own and evolve product design at Clearcover. We’re looking for a strategic leader that has experience scaling design teams and processes while partnering closely with Product, Engineering, and Marketing teams. The right candidate is passionate about people. You will grow and develop your team members, ensuring they’re set up for success. And you will have a relentless focus on doing what’s best for the user, ensuring they’re in the center of everything we do. You will be both a leader and a doer. As a startup, we need all hands on deck to deliver game-changing experiences.
A successful Clearcover design leader will lead with endless curiosity, possess a deep understanding of technology, and a love of beautiful UX design that translates into products that customers will love and will propel the business to new heights. We promise this is the most fun you'll have in your career and also the hardest thing you'll do.
What will you be doing?
- Lead the product design organization, composed of visual design, UX design, research, and content professionals, to deliver innovative, best-in-class experiences to our users.
- In partnership with the SVP of Product and your team, define and communicate the UX vision and strategy for the company.
- Accountable for the end-to-end customer and agent experiences, demonstrating the incremental contribution to revenue and profits.
- Understand the quantitative and qualitative data that drives our business and, in partnership with product leaders, ensure the right work is prioritized to deliver value fastest.
- Ensure great experiences are delivered through design and design thinking across all customer touch points.
- Keep up-to-date with evolving design practices and tools and continuously bring fresh thinking to the team.
- Collaborate with the Product, Engineering, and Marketing teams to reduce waste and ensure we’re accelerating delivery in an aligned way.
- Build and foster design teams that have a passion for building the best user experience possible.
- Ensure full compliance with all laws and regulations.
What are our required skills?
- 10+ years of experience in Visual and UX Design
- 5+ years leading a product design team
- Experience creating user flows and wireframes, building user interface mockups and prototypes, conducting user research
- Experience balancing product, development, and user-centered goals and realities to help shape overall product strategy
- Expert-level experience with design thinking, service design, and user research best practices
- Portfolio of product design work samples for consumer-facing web and mobile applications
- Not afraid of ambiguity - can be decisive and get results while adapting to change
- Collaborative leader - Has the strong ability to inspire and lead others in heavily matrixed organizational structures
- Excited and comfortable being hands-on
- Strikes a balance between strategic thinking and tactical execution
- You dream big and then adjust for the realities of today, balancing the long-term vision with driving short-term results.
- You have the ability to ask the right questions, get full details, and explain needs and designs in an easy to understand way tailored to the audience
- You demonstrate a history of leading, managing, and mentoring design managers, designers, writers, and researchers.
- You have the ability to manage up, leveraging functional leaders and other senior leadership to help achieve goals and deliver on the product roadmap.
But wait, there’s more: As a people-first company, your health and well-being is a priority at Clearcover. While we do offer medical (and cover the vast majority of the premium), dental, vision (and cover 100% of those premiums), and 401K (we contribute 3% even if you contribute nothing), we’ve curated a stack of perks and benefits that stretch beyond the expected. With over half of our employees remote to the Chicago HQ office, we paved the way for flexible work locations and continue to offer this flexibility. Our people also have access to unlimited vacation, monthly mental health workshops, discounted gym memberships, equity in the company, and an annual bonus program. Plus, if Clearcover is available in your state, you could have access to an employee discount on auto insurance! Excited to learn more? Complete the application below!
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.