Daxko powers health & wellness throughout the world. Every day our team members focus their passion and expertise in helping health & wellness facilities operate efficiently and engage their members.
Whether a neighborhood yoga studio, a national franchise with locations in every city, a YMCA or JCC--and every type of organization in between--we build solutions that make every aspect of running and being a member of a health and wellness organization easier and delightful.Job Description
As the WordPress Development Team Lead, you are responsible for leading a team that consists of designers, developers, and website support specialists on the Agency Websites Team. You will oversee the Quality Assurance (QA) system to improve processes and workflow on website builds. You will also be responsible for customizing, developing our website platform, and its development projects. You will work directly with our UX/UI design team to build custom and semi-custom websites.
The WordPress Development Team Lead reports to the Website Manager.
You will also:
- Be responsible for the execution of projects by utilizing the Agency Website Team to the best capacity possible.
- Oversee the daily workflow of the Agency Website Team.
- Communicate with other stakeholders throughout Daxko to ensure the team is able to work efficiently on projects involving multiple teams.
- Collaborate with Account Managers and Digital Marketing team members to ensure projects are being completed in a smooth process across our markets.
- Own creating and maintaining SOPs and process documentation for Agency Website Team and role processes.
- Be responsible for tracking Agency Website Team product and performance KPIs.
- Work with UX designers to build custom website solutions on the WordPress platform.
- Build out development projects
- Proofread & edit website content as needed or as directed by customer.
- Update digital media on customer’s websites, editing images if necessary.
- Respond to tickets regarding text & image changes for existing customer websites.
- Ensure websites are completed and launched within a set timeframe.
- Troubleshoot and find solutions to issues on websites/projects
- Collaborate with Customer Success Teams to provide excellent customer service to website customers.
- Three to Five (3-5) years of experience with WordPress (preferably with Avada).
- Two (2) years of digital agency experience
- Experience growing and leading a team to meet business growth objectives
- Experience creating conversion-driven websites and landing pages for small businesses.
- Portfolio or examples of current WordPress website design and builds.
- Experience in API webhooks.
- Experience building plugins on WordPress
- Experience with ACF, Gravity forms, and WordPress multisite
- Ability to effectively work on your own, with a team, and with customers.
- WordPress development experience (with multisite)
- Computer and software skills for efficient research, documentation, and information management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Knowledge of digital marketing concepts (e.g. content, email, SEO, PPC, social media).
Bonus Points for:
- Bootcamp or other relevant coursework
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in development, communications, business, or similar/relevant field of equal years of relevant industry experience
- One (1) year of team leadership experience on a large team of Four (4+)
- Five (5+) years of experience working on WordPress sites and custom designs.
- PHP custom plugin development
Daxko is dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We are committed to diversity in the broadest sense, including thought and perspective, age, ability, nationality, ethnicity, orientation, and gender. The skills, perspectives, ideas, and experiences of all of our team members contribute to the vitality and success of our purpose and values.
We truly care for our team members, and this is reflected through our offices, benefits, and great perks. Some of our favorites include:
- Flexible paid time off
- Affordable health, dental, and vision insurance options
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
- 401(k) matching
- New-Parent Paid Leave
- 1-month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- Casual work environments
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.