Director, Enterprise New Business
At Relativity, we make great software that helps users organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. Our product is used by more than 13,000 organizations around the world – in the cloud, on-premises, or both – to manage large volumes of data.
Here you can own your career in a community of values-driven people who help our customers around the world solve complex data challenges. If this sounds like the place for you, check out the details of this position below.
As an Enterprise New Business Sales Director, you (and your team) will be responsible for engaging and building relationships with large enterprise organizations and law firms. You will be responsible for showing how our software adds value to their business. Your overall objective is to be a key contributor/leader in our transition from on-prem to SaaS. Your focus will be on the annual new business growth goals of the organization while driving a consistent and repeatable sales methodology to enhance the team’s accountability and predictability.
- Front line manager working hands-on with sales reps to identify, prospect and close new business opportunities growing the overall business at a double-digit rate
- Work with the VP of Sales to set strategy for team in accordance with overall company strategy
- Conduct pipeline, forecast and 1:1 meetings regularly with all direct reports
- Lead the weekly enterprise new business operations meeting
- Own the enterprise new business goal
- Work with the VP of Sales to continue to develop and implement “Best Practice” processes for enterprise sales, including prospecting, territory management, account/opportunity planning, and pipeline management
- Work with Management (peers) of Channel, Enterprise Expansion and Sales Operations Team to make sure that all groups in the Sales Organization work well together
- Participate with other senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives
- Make final decisions on administrative and/or operational matters and ensures effective achievement of objectives
- Develop and mentor each member of the group to increase the overall efficiency and skill sets of the Team
- Recruit new sales reps of high quality and caliber who embody Relativity’s core values. Also retain top talent in the organization.
- Ensure strong collaboration between your team and the different functional organizations (Finance, Marketing, Customer Success, Support, Engineering, IT)
- Ensure timelines and work plans meet Relativity requirements
- Manage effective and accurate forecasting and pipeline management through our CRM, Salesforce
- Demonstrate Relativity Management Competencies (Embodies Personal Learning, Builds High-Performing Teams, Aligns Goals with Strategy, Makes Effective Decisions) in daily work, and seeks opportunities to apply and enhance management skills to create sustainable success for Relativity
- BA/BS in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related discipline
- At least 5 years of quota carrying sales experience and 3 years of sales management experience (with a demonstrated track record of meeting and exceeding quota)
- Complex enterprise selling experience with at least some minimal SaaS exposure (1-2 years)
- Legal technology experience is a plus but not a must have
- Willingness to travel 25-40% of the time
- High Tech software sales experience (8+ years) with a track record of meeting/exceeding quota
- Minimum of 2-3 years of SaaS sales experience with a track record of meeting/exceeding quota
- Previous experience managing a high-performing sales team of 4-8 people (4+ years) with a track record of success (meet/exceed quota)
- Background selling workflow or data driven software in a B-to-B environment.
- Strategic selling experience managing complex sales cycles
- Strong experience in recruiting and retaining top talent
- Comfortable value selling to the “C suite” in an organization
- Significant experience in developing and leading a lead generation/outbound team
- Experience leading a team through some form of organizational transformation (on-prem to SaaS, change in portfolio, transactional to enterprise sale, etc.)
- Knowledge of Salesforce
Our software has more than 150,000 active users in more than 40 countries from organizations including the U.S. Department of Justice, more than 70 Fortune 100 companies, and more than 195 of the Am Law 200. We have grown significantly over the last several years and continue striving to build software that helps solve our customers’ toughest e-discovery and unstructured data challenges.
If you’re ready to grow with us, we’d love to hear from you.