ADABAS DBA & Systems Programmer at Ensono
Position Type: Permanent
Provide premium software support and services to Ensono mainframe clients as they relate to Mainframe ADABAS and NATURAL systems.
- Fulfill customer service requests for mainframe z/OS customers in a timely manner as they pertain to ADABAS and NATURAL (SAG) software products.
- Provide primary support for reported problems related to Software AG software products.
- Provide support on 24 x 7 x 365 basis across multiple time zones.
- Follow procedures for installing Software AG software products efficiently and according to best practices and Ensono standards (for productivity/scalability purposes).
- Provide key support for customer migration services (new customer transitions) as they pertain to IMS and related OEM software products.
- Assist the assigned project manager in the migration of newly acquired customers such that all technical hurdles are addressed in a timely manner and do not impede the expected progress of the transition nor the targeted migration date.
- In joint cooperation with the Disaster Recovery Services, successfully execute tasks associated with any given customer’s disaster recovery plans.
- Adhere to a schedule that efficiently manages resources and allows timely implementations.
- Follow ITSM change control procedures
- Bachelor’s degree required and/or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of professional experience in ADABAS and NATURAL for administration and systems programming support. Software AG Products and add-on products like TRIM, Securitre, a plus
- Extensive experience with the following:
- Knowledge in best practices of software management, maintenance and documentation
- Configure and manage ADABAS and NATURAL using SMA and their add on products like Predict, Entire Network, Natural Security, Event Replicator, NATURAL for DB2.
- Develop innovation, strategies, processes and best practices in ADABAS DBA and NATURAL systems programming
- Reviewing new versions of Software AG products (ADABAS, NATURAL e.t.c) for functionality, advising how they benefit the client
- Troubleshooting and solving of ADABAS and NATURAL System and database issues
- Evaluating change requests and determine impact to assigned clients
- Vendor consultations for problems and questions
- DR recovery of application objects
- Troubleshooting and solving production database issues
- Supporting multiple customer for after hours on-call
- Database Administration
- Knowledge of ADABAS database administration, NATURAL Security
- Knowledge of ADABAS Fast Path.
- Database Design and related utilities
- Performance tuning
- Knowledge of ADABAS Delta Save Facility, ADABAS Utilities (ADAULD, ADADBS, ADASAV . e.t.c.)
- Working knowledge of Natural utilities SYSAOS, SYSDB2, SYSSEC, SYSBPM e.t.c
- Coding and usage of ADABAS reorganization utilities.
- Support planned (disaster recovery) and unplanned (emergency) database recovery activities
- Knowledge of log archive and change accumulation utilities
- Defining FDT and DDMs.
- Applying ZAPs and Service packs for Software AG products.
- Knowledge of ADARUN Parameters and Buffer pools.
- Knowledge of ADABAS recovery utility
- Identification and resolution of performance issues
- A solid working knowledge of SMA and its role in the installation process
- Knowledge of Program Migration tool (PAC, PAA).
- Knowledge of ADABAS Review, NATURAL Review
- Strong knowledge of Protection logging and Command Logging.
- Applying Licenses for SAG products.
- Solid understanding of ADABAS database structures
- Strong JCL skills
- Understanding and use of Assembler
- Understanding of exits in the install process
- Understanding and use of the IRLM in a data sharing environment
- Extracting information from IMS logs
- Using DBRC to monitor database activity
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to respond quickly and effectively to support requests from multiple clients
- Must be able to multi-task and work under short deadlines and in high pressure situations.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentations)
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently.