Algorithmic Trader at PEAK6
We are PEAK6, a leading investment firm. You'll find us headquartered in the historic Chicago Board of Trade building, where we first opened our doors in 1997. Over 20 years ago, we were among the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology in our trading business. Today, we continue to leverage our technical ingenuity and operational excellence across several investment areas, spanning early-to-mid stage growth capital, operational control, trading and e-sports. Throughout the years, we've built and operated several financial technology firms and we continue to evolve.
As an Automated/Algorithmic Trader at PEAK6, you will build and operate automated equity trading strategies. Interacting closely with our adjacent options business, you will help manage portfolio risk, make trading decisions in response to trading activity, and drive the continued development of the firm’s electronic trading strategies.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Strategy development and iteration
- Employing a data-driven framework to improve performance of trading strategies and portfolio holdings
- Monitoring portfolio risk and making trading decisions in response to trading activity and market conditions
- Contributing to the support of the firm’s equity customers with product knowledge, issue resolution and operational support
- Collaborating with software engineers, systems support specialists and quantitative analysts to creatively solve problems and drive innovation within the firm
- Contribute to all aspects of the firm’s equity trading including: supporting internal dialogue with product knowledge, liaising with external partners, issue resolution
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role, but before you do, you should have these traits:
- Learns quickly. You’re intellectually curious and love solving unique challenges. You ask ‘why’, and push to identify areas where we can constantly improve.
- Is motivated. You’re driven to be the best. You challenge yourself by setting goals, crushing them, and helping your teammates do the same.
- Has an insatiable curiosity. You have to know how things work and you love doing research. You’re resourceful, inquisitive, and proactive in gaining knowledge.
- Values the power of the team. Above all, you want to see the team succeed. You help others embrace your ideas and you also know how to embrace ideas other than your own to help the team succeed.
- Operates with integrity. You always conduct yourself with honesty and operate ethically. You say what you mean, and mean what you say.
- Python & SQL programming experience is required
- 3+ years of relevant trading or financial markets experience
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to understand, analyze and creatively solve problems
- Be a strong collaborator and communicator that will thrive in a dynamic and self-directed environment
- Ability to pass Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) licensing exam and Series 7 upon hire
A few reasons why you might love working here:
- We’re not a fly by night firm. We’ve got an incredible track record of success and we foster ongoing innovation. So you get all the benefits of a stable company, while enjoying a very entrepreneurial culture.
- The work environment is amazing. Our office space is really cool, open, and sleek. We provide free beverages, snacks and have fun while working hard.
- The team is even more amazing. You’ll work with people who are as energetic, smart, and driven as you are. You’ll be managed by the best, too.
- Your success will be recognized and appreciated. You’ll be able to see your direct impact on our growth. You won’t be just another cog in the wheel.
- You’ll have genuine opportunities for growth. Your success is the team’s success. We give you plenty of chances to develop your skills and grow your career.
*Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, PEAK6 has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities and the CDC. Candidates for this role will need to be located in the Chicago or NYC areas or willing to relocate within a reasonable timeframe.