Analytics Platform Engineer
How do you like to make an impact?
Think back to your last job. Were you able to run with projects from start to finish, to truly choose each next step? Enova managers empower you to make your own decisions and drive your work. That could mean anything from taking the lead on the development of a new mobile app, to determining the best way to help a customer break down their loan payments. When we talk to our team members, they tell us their managers trust them to get the job done. Where else will can your voice be heard Day One? We want you to make your mark. This is the core of Enova.
About the role:
Our Analytics team builds models that make thousands of real-time decisions on our website every single day. Those models don’t deploy or run themselves though. That’s where our Analytics Platform Engineer comes in. As an Analytics Platform Engineer you will design, develop, test and enhance Enova’s internal tools that enable the team to seamlessly build, deploy and monitor analytical models. You will use cutting-edge machine learning algorithms to improve automated model building pipelines. Enova has built a world-class real-time decisioning platform to power our lending decisions and you’ll be contributing to its continued growth and improvement by writing production quality code.
What you’ll be doing:
- Using your advanced programming skills and the ability to design, develop and test programs for custom tool development
- Supporting model releases to ensure they are quickly and accurately put into production
- Enhancing Enova’s real-time decisioning platform by adding new functionalities
- Supporting and improving automated model training processes
- Providing operational support for the various custom tools used by our Analytics team
We’re excited about you if you have:
- Bachelors, Masters, or Doctorate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related degree
- 1+ year experience providing operational support for high-availability low-latency production applications in both on-premise and cloud environments
- Advanced programming skills and the ability to design, develop and test customized tools. Knowledge of one or more of the following is preferred: Python, R, Mathematica
- Experience working with Linux/Unix, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of AWS machine learning technologies (SageMaker, EMR, Glue)
- A demonstrated capacity to learn new languages and technologies quickly
- Familiarity with regression and machine learning techniques, with ambitions to learn more
About the Analytics team:
We live and breath data at Enova, and our 70+ person Analytics team is at the heart of it all. They use cutting-edge machine learning and advanced modeling techniques to drive business value in a number of different ways. Depending on the team, that could mean building a state-of-the-art credit risk model; it could mean spotting patterns in data that indicate fraud; it could mean researching a brand new type of algorithm we’ve never even used before. Whatever it is, it’ll typically be used to make real-time decisions on our website. What makes us different from Analytics teams elsewhere? We’re language agnostic here which means YOU get to pick the tool that works best for you and the analysis at hand. The team primarily uses Python, R, SAS, and SQL but if you think another tool is right for your project, go for it.
Enova is a FinTech company dedicated to using technology to help hard-working people get access to fast, trustworthy credit. To date, we’ve helped more than 5 million customers around the world. Born and raised in Chicago, our philosophy is simple, “Life’s short. Work someplace awesome.” Want to learn more? Just ask any of our almost 1,500 employees world-wide.