Android Applications Developer
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewDevices Android Application Development Team is responsible for architecting, designing Android applications for use by Public Safety customers.
Android Applications Developer will be responsible for the following:
• Your responsibilities will range from requirements gathering, architecture, driving solutions, design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and enhance mobile applications
• Lead development capabilities, ability to guide & mentor other engineers
• High ownership, self-sufficient, hands-on leader to drive quality and maintain application stability
• Ability to deliver multiple simultaneous projects on time
• Able to brainstorm and communicate technology decisions and issues with peers and management
• Strong ability and enthusiasm to learn new technologies in a short time
• Able to work effectively in a distributed team environment
Additional Qualified Skills:
• Actual Working Experience with Android UI frameworks and Android OS
• In-depth experience with Android Studio and the Android SDK
• Java and Kotlin is required.
• C and C++ experience
• Performance analysis and tuning experience including memory usage, CPU utilization, leak checking
• Excellent debugging skills to solve challenging problems
• Experience with wireless device to device communication standards (Bluetooth, BLE, NFC, WiFi, ProSe) is a plus.
• Experience/knowledge in mobile application software development tools (e.g. GIT, JIRA…), testing, process (Agile, Kanban) and configuration management.
• Professional knowledge of REST, TCP/IP, SIP, RTP, HTTP, and UDP is a plus.
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
• Experience: 1+ years of Actual Working Android development experience.
Referral Payment PlanNo
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.