Our Digital development team is focused on creating experiences and services that are innovative, market disruptors, and game changers. Both Apple and Google rank us as one of the top 5 finance apps - and we're still not happy with it. We want developers to write code for humans - clear working code, well documented, and maintainable.
You would be working on internal frameworks incorporated into banking and financial apps that are used by millions of our customers and clients worldwide.
- Complete development assignments on time with an appropriate level of quality to support project efforts.
- Create work estimates based on technology concepts and requirements documentation.
- Support project releases.
- Agile Software Development: Participate in Daily standups, backlog refinement, sprint planning events to discuss daily progress and support deliver efficiently.
- Create architecture diagrams based on business requirements and flow charts to design solutions for mobile Android applications.
- Develop frameworks that can be testable, promote test-driven development, using Java and/or Kotlin. Participate in code reviews and adhere to coding standards.
- Implement component specifications to identify behavioral analytics.
- Participate in defect triage calls to ensure all requirements have been appropriately met and ensure there are no potential defect that may cause potential impact.
- Assist with release validations to ensure key project milestones are identified to mitigate risk before launch to customers.
- Troubleshooting and identifying the root cause of issues under time pressure
- Efficiently translate requirements into efficient code.
- 5+ years of experience designing and implementing native applications and frameworks
- 5+ experience with Data Structures and Multi-Threading.
- 3+ years of combined software/application development experience with Java and Android
- 3+ Experience building localized, multi-tenant solutions
- 3+ years of experience working with API integration3+ years of experience with 3+ experience of build systems such as Gradle, Jenkins
- Git/Bitbucket version control or comparable (SVN etc.)
- 2+ years of experience collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders
- 2+ years of experience with unit testing libraries (like Mockito)
- Working knowledge of architectural patterns such as MVP and MVVM
- Working knowledge of application design patterns – Gang of Four patterns
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with RxJava
- Prior experience working on agile teams
- Pair programming ability
- Created an application that is available on Google Play Store
- Experience with scripting languages
- Experience with Web Full-stack development
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve consumers, small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You’ll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.