Android Engineer at Vivid Seats
Who We Are: Vivid Seats is the fastest-growing online marketplace for sports, theatre, and concert tickets. We are dedicated to providing our customers with the best ticket buying experience in the industry. We offer the perks, culture, and opportunity of an entrepreneurial start-up, supported by the scale, stability, and resources of over a decade of profitable growth.
At Vivid Seats, you won't ever be a sub or sitting on the bench — we'll give you the opportunity to carry the rock or grab the mic starting day one.
If you enjoy continually looking for ways to make an impact on your team, organization, and industry, we’d like to hear from you.
Vivid Seats is looking for a Senior Android Software Engineer to join our Mobile App Team. As a Senior Android Software Engineer, you will join a cross-functional team of Android, iOS, API, and Quality Engineers to contribute to the fast-growing Vivid Seats Android app. Our Android app is written with Java and Kotlin, and we use a suite of modern technology (Fabric, Firebase, Realm, PSPDFKit, and more) on top of it. The app focuses on user-facing features such as browsing for tickets, searching for tickets, viewing and downloading tickets to gain entry to events, and personalization through Spotify/iTunes integrations.
This is a hands-on position that will tackle some of our most difficult challenges scaling a best in class mobile application. You’ll work with business stakeholders to define and implement features that maximize value for our users. As a technical subject matter expert on your team, you’ll also mentor engineers, bring new solutions to the table, and challenge the team to continuously improve.
- Architect, develop, and maintain the Vivid Seats Android app
- Proactively enhance our platform and implement best practice coding standards to create the best possible experience for our users
- Identify development bottlenecks, improve automation, and leverage open source technology to deploy quality code, faster
- Work closely with Product, QA, and Design teams to build creative solutions quickly
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years developing mobile apps for Android (Java or Kotlin)
- Strong knowledge of consuming REST APIs and backend services
- Passion for mobile platforms and keeping up with the latest technologies, usability, and user experiences
- Familiarity with agile development cycles, rapid prototyping, and A/B Testing
- Proficient in SQL, knowledge of NoSQL and real-time data pipelines
- Ability to learn and share new technologies with enthusiasm and a high degree of efficiency
- Desire to work autonomously in an independent and small team environment
- Experience with iOS, Swift, or React Native is a plus
- Experience building APIs is a plus
What We Offer: Vivid Seats offers competitive compensation levels, substantial individual and team-based bonus opportunities, and a variety of workplace perks. Specifically, staff has access to discounted event tickets, frequent in-office catered meals, monthly happy hours, team outings, free in-building gym memberships, subsidized healthy meal and snack programs, and summer sports leagues. Standard benefits are also offered including medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) plan with employer match, flexible hours and paid time off, and transit plan discounts.
Vivid Seats is an equal opportunity employer. Vivid Seats prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information.