We are looking for an Android Engineer to join our Digital team in Chicago. You'll work with our design and engineering teams to plan, design, and develop our Android app.
The ideal candidate understands how to balance a desire for perfectionism with the need for pragmatism. You will integrate with and leverage our existing systems as you help build longer lasting and more scalable solutions from scratch.
What we will want you to do:
- Design and develop new features for our Android app.
- Work closely with Ruby on Rails engineers to design APIs for mobile app consumption.
- Write automated tests and test infrastructure to support it.
- Troubleshoot production issues and research solutions to customer feedback.
- Keep up-to-date with Android design patterns.
Skills or Experience we want you to have:
- Experience developing native Android applications with Kotlin
- Experience with building and consuming RESTful APIs
- Experience applying material design guidelines and mobile interaction best practices to new feature designs.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working in Financial Services industry
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Worked with a TDD workflow