We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
As an API Architect on the Platform team, you will be responsible for engaging with technical and business stakeholders to understand business needs and to guide the overall direction of the API surface. You will champion the organizational and cultural changes required to be successful in modernizing our API surface. The right candidate will have an eye for understanding the needs of the business and will provide input on API design, management, governance, and tooling.
This is your opportunity to work on a scalable and dynamic web system that supports integration with multiple search engines, clustering technologies, and client component interaction through web services. This is all utilizing many of the newer, and strongest technologies.
You will build highly distributable systems composed of multiple databases, processing, and web servers within the massive data field.
The Platform Team
Relativity Platform team develops core services and extensibility points used by the Relativity developer community. These services are delivered through HTTP APIs and SDKs, which are then used by internal teams, Relativity customers, and ISVs to extend Relativity and create unique products for their customers.
The Platform team focuses on API development, user authentication, service and application management, component infrastructure and other core functions related to a large commercial software application being deployed in the cloud. As a member of the Platform group, you will use modern methodologies (agile scrum, CI etc.) to release these features, supporting the success of the Relativity product and our developer community.
- Partner with product and engineering leadership to define the API strategy
- Play a lead role in shaping Relativity’s API Standards and API Governance practices.
- Align the Product Delivery organization by giving presentations, working with project teams, and authoring content aimed at educating others about standards, strategies, and best practices.
- Provide guidance and messaging around standards and best practices for the implementation of REST APIs
- Work closely with API Product owners to implement API life cycle management including API product features, product design, and road map in alignment with business goals
- Define, architect, and implement an API toolset that will significantly enhance developer experience across the API lifecycle
- Maintain effective relationships with all levels of company management, internal and external customers that promotes understanding and produces results for both parties
- Collaborates with development teams to set technical direction and approach for API design and implementation.
- Advocates for the utilization of the APIs to drive business value and outcomes by serving as an advocate, a trainer, and an evangelist for APIs throughout Product Delivery.
- Serves as a technical mentor for members of the Product & Engineering teams, providing input and feedback to others.
- Encourages and supports a self-service architecture to promote a trusted source of APIs, leading the enterprise in its goal to use API Led Integration, and API First Thinking.
- Participate in strategic and tactical discussions related to vendor selection, API candidates, and overall design of the API platform
- Create and maintains a technology roadmap for future APIs, setting best practices, standards, and metrics for use
- Experience in designing public APIs and service-oriented architectures
- Has successfully implemented large change initiatives within an organization
- Experience with building complex applications in AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure
- Demonstrated analysis and innovative problem-solving skills using a systems thinking approach
- Experience with SaaS web application development frameworks, environments, and technologies
- Demonstrated ability to effectively establish and maintain working relationships with all levels of the organization
- Experience with API management tools.
- Comfortable with Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment practices
- Excellent communication, coaching, and facilitation skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or relevant experience
- 8 years of software development experience and recognized within the team as a subject matter expert
At Relativity, we live our core values and we thrive on solving complex problems. We’re dedicated to continually improving our product and providing relentless customer service, and we’re always looking for people to join us on the journey.
Relativity is a team of smart, passionate people always looking to grow, contribute, and make our product and customer service the best it can be. Our team members come from diverse backgrounds with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they’re empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
So, please come as you are. We can’t wait to meet you.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.