Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN) is a leader in risk and compliance solutions, providing insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights to clients across the globe. We’re here to help you make smarter decisions with insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights at every stage of your business and investment lifecycles. As markets fluctuate, regulations evolve and technology advances, we’re there. And through it all, we deliver confidence with the right solutions in moments that matter.
We are accepting non-local / remote candidate for this role.
Application Security Engineer will functionally support product engineering and development teams to secure company's SaaS products portfolio. Application Security Engineer will be responsible for assessing and understanding the security posture and attack surface of all DFIN products, and for assistance in the development of the appropriate security controls.
- Conduct security assessments, security penetration testing and validation of test results
- Provide security insights to vulnerability scan/pen test results
- Working closely with development teams to assess the security posture/risk of the product features being developed
- Perform architectural risk analysis, threat modeling, secure design and source code review
- Effectively manage relationship with external application security and penetration testing partners
- Incorporate security tools/tasks into automated product development and deployment lifecycle (SAST/DAST/IAST integration into CI/CD pipeline)
- Provide expert knowledge and guidance to the product development teams about security vulnerabilities and applicable remediation paths
- Serve as a critical resource to ensuring each DFIN product is developed in alignment with industry-leading Secure Product/Software Development standards
- Participate in development of the DFIN Application Security Standards, best practices and associated metrics
- Bachelor degree with 5+ years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience and education
- Self-driven, highly motivated with a strong customer focus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid project management skills, especially in a cross-functional environment
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodologies and associated tools
- Prior exposure to modern CI/CD pipelines including tools and technologies such as Azure DevOps (former VSTS), GitHub, Jenkins and others
- Must have a "breaker" mentality, but be effective at designing the mitigating controls
- Ability to develop technical (XSS, etc.) and functional (fraud, etc.) abuse test cases
- Working knowledge of vulnerability management and penetration testing tools such as NMAP, Core Security, Burp, ZAP, Rapid7 Nexpose, Kali Linux, or Metasploit
- Working knowledge of NIST framework, Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) and Open Source Security Testing Methodology Manual (OSSTMM)
- Solid understanding of OWASP security concepts and common application security risks, such as XSS, CSRF, SQL Injection, Cookie Manipulation, etc.
- Solid understanding of fundamental application security building blocks such as: authentication, authorization, data validation, encryption, exception handling and logging
- Solid understanding of leading cloud platforms such as MS Azure and Amazon AWS, their inherent security risks and relevant security controls
- Solid understanding of the micro-services, containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes) and associated security technologies/controls (Aqua, Twistlock and others)
- Experience with one of the market leading SAST/DAST/IAST tools such as Checkmarx, Veracode, Rapid7 AppSpider, IBM AppScan or HP/Microfocus Fortify
It is the policy of Donnelley Financial Solutions to select, place and manage all its employees without discrimination based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, actual or perceived disability, veteran's status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access jobs.dfinsolutions.com as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to [email protected]. #TalentknowsTalent