Application Support Engineer
Application Support Engineer
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. We are a team of enthusiasts always focused on improving our execution and our performance. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is looking to hire an Application Operations Engineer to work on internal IT applications in our Chicago, IL office. This person will need to demonstrate an understanding of IT application operations, including QA/testing, change management, system administration, monitoring, and second-level support. Candidates will work collaboratively with developers, other IT staff, and business stakeholders to setup, deploy, manage, and support applications in production.
Areas of Responsibility
* Build deep knowledge of Kimble products and become a subject matter expert.
* Manage the production instances of business applications for West Monroe Partners, cloud SaaS services (e.g. Salesforce, Concur, Power BI, Kimble).
* Meet with business and technology stakeholders to determine systemic requirements for applications and design production infrastructures and test plans to ensure they are met
* Provide Level 2 support and fulfillment of service requests for applications, acting as the primary escalation point for the Service Desk and NOC
* Collaborate with Product Management, development teams, product vendors, and other IT staff on application development, enhancement, operations, and support
* Perform administration and configuration of applications, including infrastructure configuration and scaling, monitoring, license management, and access audits
* Participate in efforts to develop and execute testing, training, and documentation
* Develop and maintain operating procedures and support documentation for applications
* Follow all ITIL-based standard operating procedures (SOP) and maintain updated ticketing for events, incidents, requests, changes, problems, etc.
* Proactively engage on continuous improvement efforts for application design, support, and operations
* Provide technical assistance and end user troubleshooting for bug fixes, enhancements, and “how-to” assistance
* 4+ years Customer Support or Technical Support experience for SaaS based solutions
* Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
* Experience deploying and operating IT applications in virtualized and cloud environments
* Experience with IT Service Management and DevOps concepts and methodologies
* Practical knowledge and experience managing enterprise applications
* Understanding of primary distributed application and data center concepts
* Ability to define application monitoring requirements and implement protocols for handling alerts
* Ability to engage Level 1 teams (Service Desk and NOC) to support applications
* Ability to define systemic requirements for applications to ensure maintainability and perform acceptance testing
* Experience diagnosing and resolving errors in complex, distributed applications with multiple nodes and integration points
* Knowledge of general software development process
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.