About Double Good
Youth sports and extracurricular activities are becoming more expensive, and every day it’s pricing out more and more families from the critical benefits of participation. The technology we’re building solves this problem in an industry that has yet to be disrupted.
At Double Good we make delicious popcorn and give 50% of every dollar to a cause.
Our Tech Stack
- React Native
- Node.JS / TypeScript
- AWS Lambda
At Double Good, you’ll
- Manage the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects.
- Have an active role in crafting technical and product strategy.
- Actively participate within sprints by contributing code towards development tasks.
- Hold your own in technical discussions, be a subject matter expert, and have strategic influence.
- Lead, grow, and inspire a small talented team of engineers, both remote and on-site, focused on building and managing core front-end and backend services.
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- Set code quality standards and enforce them through automatic processes as well as through code reviews.
Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Previously acted as a leader at a high growth startup
- 5+ years of professional experience in development and architecture of web/mobile based software
- At least 2 years experience with deployment in large cloud-based distributed environments
- At least 1 year in a tech lead role or in another leadership capacity
- Deep understanding of databases and RDBMS principles
- Experience in developing cloud based microservices architecture
- Proficiency in functional programming (eg., Clojure, Scala, Scheme, Python, Haskell, or equivalent)
Benefits & Perks
- Working directly with the founding team building the future of the company together
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401k Match
- Regular outings, fun environment, co-working space in downtown Chicago
- Opportunity to grow exponentially as an engineer, leader, and a person
- Opportunity to make a real impact on millions of parents and kids
- Equity in a hyper-growth startup
- Opportunity to contribute to open source