Arity- Field Test Engineer-Midlevel (Home based worker) at Arity
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
This Field Test Engineer role is part of the Arity Testing Services organization and will support and drive achievement of progressive, field testing solutions utilizing combination of physical mobile devices with detailed test results analysis across our Arity Product suite. At Arity, Field Test is vital part of Quality Assurance and it is essential for a “sign off” process before products go to production. This role is ideal for someone who has a real passion for technology and are advocates of software engineering best practices and continuous improvement and enjoys keeping up to date in industry trends and best practice.
- Uploading new software builds into mobile devices
- As part of Field Test execution drive alone a specific route
- Work with various engineering teams on process improvement and standard procedures to increase efficiency
- Modify Field Test strategy when new product changes are being implemented
- Perform data collection from mobile devices and uploading to designated location
- Evaluate operational performance and identify issues
- Recommend improvements if needed
- Maintain Testing equipment in a good working condition and collaborate with support in troubleshooting and resolving problems
- Communicate test results and findings
- Participate in team meetings providing Field Test observations
This job does not have supervisory duties
- 3+ years of experience in software testing with emphasis on mobile applications and services
- Experience working with development team to monitor, test, and deploy production releases
- Experience providing test execution metrics and identifying areas for product improvement
- Proficiency in finding, submitting, and tracking defects to resolution
- Experience in mobile testing – IOS or Android
- A valid Driver’s License for 5+ years
Nice to have:
- Experience with common tools such as Artifactory, InelliJ, JUnit, JIRA, Maven
- Experience with delivering using Agile methodology practices
- Working knowledge of scripting languages e.g. (Java, Python, JACL, Node.js)
- Experience with IDEs e.g. (Eclipse, IntelliJ)
- Experience with Jenkins or other build release
- Experience with GitHub or other version control & repository tool
- 4 year College Degree
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts and brain breaks. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment