WHO WE ARE
Basis Technologies delivers software and services to automate digital media operations for more than 1,000 leading agencies and brands.
Our comprehensive ad tech platform, Basis, supports the planning, reporting, and financial reconciliation of direct, programmatic, search, and social media, all in one place.
We are deeply committed to building software that will change the ad tech industry for the better and are equally dedicated to building an inclusive culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. We invest in our culture and support our employees so they can do their best work.
Basis Technologies is headquartered in Chicago, with beautiful offices also in Toronto, Dallas, Denver, and New York to name a few. Our employees have the flexibility to work in one of our office locations, completely remote, or a hybrid of the two. Please note, we are hiring on a remote working basis only in the U.S. and Canada.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Technology is at the core of what we do. Basis Technologies' innovative Engineering team designs and develops new features and integrations for Basis, our industry-leading, comprehensive software solution. Our platform processes over 300 billion events per day and uses AI and machine learning to automate and simplify the entire digital campaign process.
This team is all about data—and in order to create value from the massive amount of data we collect, engineering leverages their dynamic Data Engineering, Data Science, and Business Intelligence teams to create insights that benefit the industry as a whole.
WAYS YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
This position is responsible for being involved in various deployment automation tasks and ensuring that data pipelines run as expected in multiple different environments. This role will work closely with data engineers on problems related to discrepancies and data analysis. In addition, this role will be expected to acquire data engineering skills and learn Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Kafka, Hive, Spark, Snowflake, etc. You will contribute by:
- Working on various deployment-related automation tasks, including validation steps
- Supporting code deployment
- Helping to maintain environments as an ecosystem and keeping environments up to date in terms of the data model and application versions
- Creating dashboards to visualize the environment’s status and metrics, for example, versions deployed, applications schedule, etc
- Working on discrepancy analysis and data quality monitoring using SQL queries and other tools provided by engineers, helping to enhance these tools and queries
- Conducting incident management with respect to the ETL pipelines and data flows, including diagnosing and prioritizing incidents, investigating their causes, and working with developers on resolutions
- Documenting incidents and steps to resolve them, collaborate with the development team to enhance pipelines and processes
- Working on continual service improvement by identifying process optimization opportunities and contributing to the implementation of proposed solutions
- Tracking and monitoring an application’s status and metrics to ensure SLAs are met in the production environment
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 0-2 years scripting experience
- SQL Skills
- BASH and Python experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools and methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer infrastructure or similar field
- Experience with Jenkins and GitHub tools
- Experience with source control tools
- Spark/Yarn/Hadoop experience
- Proficient dashboarding skills
- General knowledge of infrastructure operations methodologies
- Familiarity with Java development environments
OUR TECH STACK
Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay, we recognize that experience can be built in many ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements.
LIFE WITH BASIS TECHNOLOGIES
We take care of our people and believe that our success depends on the growth and well-being of each one of our team members.
We provide a thoughtful perks and benefits package including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, mental health support, a funded health savings account, paid sabbatical, generous parental leave, a flexible work environment and time off policy, and more.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer are committed to building teams that are diverse in thought, perspective, and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, disability, and age. Our employee-led communities enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment.