We are growing our team in downtown Chicago and currently seeking an Associate Director to manager our Software Engineering team.
Our full-stack agile development team designs and implements web applications at the leading edge of digital lending. We are innovating, adapting, and building lasting and scalable solutions from scratch.
The Software Engineering Associate Director will build a team and lead them in the planning, design, and development of our Ruby on Rails apps. The ideal candidate understands how to balance a desire for perfectionism with the need for pragmatism. You will integrate with and leverage our existing systems as you help build solutions.
You’ll contribute to the success of the team both as an individual contributor as well as a leader ensuring we deliver sound features at the leading edge of digital lending at a consistent pace. You will innovate, adapt, and build lasting and scalable solutions from scratch.
What we will want you to do:
- Break down projects into reasonable MVPs
- Help maintain a sustainable engineering platform while also shipping features at a steady clip
- Ensure our production applications are stable and operating as expected.
- Guide engineers along their career paths and provide feedback
- Identify and address bottlenecks early
- Contribute to our strategic technology planning
- Assist with flushing out, prioritizing, and driving our product roadmap
- Design and develop new features for our apps as an individual contributor
Skills or Experience we want you to have:
- At least 3 years of leading and managing an engineering team in an agile environment
- At least 3 years of Ruby on Rails experience or Python
- Experience in building observable systems with robust metrics and alerts
- Building and consuming RESTful APIs
- Operating independently in unknown territory
At OneMain, we understand that for our team members to be their best, they need the right opportunities and benefits. Our comprehensive benefits package for full-time and some part-time employees includes health and well-being options for team members and dependents, up to 4% matching 401(k), tuition reimbursement, continuing education, incentive pay, paid time off, paid volunteer time and more.
Who we are:
OneMain Financial is the country’s largest lending-exclusive financial company. With nearly 1,600 branches across 44 states, we proudly offer safe, affordable and transparent installment loans to millions of hard-working people. Our customers turn to us to meet important financial needs, including debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills, home improvements and auto purchases. OneMain is constantly innovating to serve customers when, where and how they want by investing in our technical digital capabilities. Our steadfast commitment to doing the right thing extends to our customers, our employees and the communities where we live and work – a mission that hasn’t changed for more than 100 years.
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.