Associate Principal, Performance Test Lead at OCC (Chicago, IL)
The Performance Testing Lead will work with other team members to ensure that OCC systems meet specified performance quality standards and agreed upon Service Level Agreements. The Lead will utilize industry standard performance testing methods with an emphasis on efficiency, high performance and innovation. This individual will be an experienced contributor in the performance certification process including, performance test planning, performance test data preparation, performance test environment preparation, performance test execution and performance test result reporting to project stakeholders.
The Lead will be responsible for conducting performance testing of the next generation of OCC’s Cloud Platform and further ensuring system capacity, reliability, scalability and other key performance indicators on various applications at OCC. Typical duties performed include working closely with the testing team in developing performance test cases and plans, analyzing test results, and handling bug fixes in collaboration with internal product/ external vendor teams. Additionally, will be responsible for evaluating the root causes of performance problems and resolve them.
- Develop test strategies and test approaches for performance testing
- Responsible for design and development of performance tests for clearing and risk applications
- Responsible for development of performance testing for batch and real time applications
- Responsible for performance requirements definition and risk analysis
- Review, monitor and summarize progress of performance testing results
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend performance testing tools
- Install, configure performance testing tools in cloud environment
- Drive Performance test requirements documentation with project stakeholders
- Work with multiple product development teams in a fast-paced environment to execute performance test cycles
- Lead a team of 2 to 3 Performance and Non-Functional testers
- Attend high level design sessions, code walk-throughs and offer suggestions, and guidance on any topic that could have a negative impact on the performance
- Look to uncover performance tuning opportunities via the Performance test phase.
- Work with technical and non-technical professionals in a project environment with an emphasis on Performance Engineering and Performance testing concepts.
- Experience performing load testing, failover testing, high volume testing, and capacity testing
- Experience in performance testing of distributed system such as K8S, Flink and Spark
- Advanced knowledge of non-functional performance testing methodologies
- Understanding of all aspects of system testing domain (such as analysis, planning, performance, and automation)
- Experienced in arranging performance test execution cycles, monitor, witness and support the performance test outcomes
- Experienced in extracting response data and correlation for dynamic data uses
- Experienced in building a load profiles with ramp up and down
- Analyze results and publish meaningful, pragmatic performance test metrics and results
- Abilities to communicate differences between different performance testing scenarios
- Understanding of CICD tools like Git, Gradle, Jenkins, Artifactory, Harness, Docker and Kubernetes
- Understanding of DevOps automation tools like Terraform, Ansible
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BS in computer science or equivalent
- 7+ years of software development and performance testing experience
- 3+ years working as a lead
- Experience working with automation testing and performance testing tools (ex. LoadRunner)
- Programming skills in Java or Python
- Experienced and strong in Linux shell scripting
- Experience with JVM, K8S, Splunk, Network monitoring tools in AWS cloud environment
- Experience in using data formats like YAML, Json, Protobuf and Parquet
- Experience writing test approach, test plans, and test reports
- Experience working in agile engineering environment
- Knowledge of database query tools and write SQL queries.