Who We Are
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 3 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and visionSummary
What you will do:
As the release engineer of the Cloud Engineering team, you will be in charge of portfolio management and assisting in release management for a team of highly technical team members who perform a range of activities required to both maintain and continuously automate a large, complex cloud-based computing environment. In addition, you will liaison between internal departments for the team projects and workloads.
The ideal candidate is passionate about agile methodologies and tracking and managing tasks to accomplish complex project initiatives and implement mission critical systems, while keeping current with changing requirements, dates, and new projects in the Cloud and Infrastructure spaces, with a steady eye towards the extensive regulatory/compliance demands on our company (e.g. CIS, NIST, etc).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
- Reports to the Executive Director of Cloud Engineering and Cloud Architecture
- Effectively communicate project and work task issues to management promptly
- Lead team planning and workload review meetings, including daily standups and sprint planning;
- Manage project and daily work task planning and prioritization in JIRA and using agile methodologies and meeting project deadlines
- Assess and plan for team resource capacity needs based on current and upcoming workload demands and forecast accordingly.
- Portfolio Management: Coordinate multiple projects with individual development managers to ensure releases are coordinated.
- Release Management: Facilitate backlog grooming, prioritization, and resource management to ensure Product Team maintains velocity to deliver on commitments.
- Performance Management: Work with internal governance teams to monitor effectiveness by maintaining execution KPIs and deriving insights to proactively improve execution.
- Budget: Help as needed with coordinating budget related activities including ongoing/annual budget’s, time capture etc
- Work: Consult with the PMO leaders, dev leads, business leads daily, or more frequently as needed, and track leaders and IT technical leaders to ensure we are on track to meet deliverables over program life.
- Transition Work: Mapping out requisite steps to completely deploy technical capabilities and related operational processes for production releases.
- Communication: Develop and communicate product team strategy to internal stakeholders and Executive Management
- Assist management in the implementation of a contemporary software delivery practice while ensuring that new process advance the delivery framework which enable OCC remains the bedrock and foundation of secure markets while building tomorrows solutions today.
- Foster an atmosphere of trust, respect, and high performance while displaying strong ethics and integrity.
- Other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
- Strong consultative, communication, and team player are a must, as you will be regularly interacting between various teams which are distributed across the US.
- Strong technical project management skills are required
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing to business and technology leaders, architects, developers, and team members
- Must be able to collaborate effectively with a group of high performing, technical individuals.
- Experience working in an environment with a defined production change control process; experience with working with audits and compliance or in a regulated environment a plus
- Demonstrated history of working within deadlines and ability to work well under pressure; Ability to multitask.
- Strong understanding and experience executing within Agile product teams.
- Practical experience proactively identifying and mitigating program risks/issues and coordinating solutions.
- Experience working in a financial services or highly regulated environment preferred
- Enough acumen with custom system development efforts that enables the candidate to see the big picture down to the details associated to see the risks associated with multiple program deliverables.
- Proven project/work task management, risk and issue management skills as well as proven track record of operating in sprint-based work groups across multiple locations.
- Robust JIRA, Confluence, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a business or technical discipline (Computer Science, Mathematics, etc.), or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 3 - 5 years of relevant experience
- Certifications in Agile / Scrum methodologies highly desired; Certifications in or knowledge of cloud technologies a significant plus