Associate Principal, Software Engineering: UI/UX
Who We Are
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 2 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
What You'll Do
In this role you will help define and drive the front-end vision across all product engineering teams at OCC. You will lay the foundation of what the best in-class front-end architecture looks like in collaboration with our front-end engineers, designers and product managers while keeping our front-end tech stack up to date with the front-end community. This role in the central UX/UI team will serve as a partner to all Product Dev teams and set the standard by which technology will be delivered at OCC.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
- Drive front-end engineering practices, design patterns, and standards.
- Design, develop, test, debug and maintain UI Container Application - Single Client Exterior (SCE).
- Maintaining and communicating CI/CD Pipeline Templates (Jenkins) and Base Images (Docker) for Micro-frontends utilized across product engineering teams.
- Work with Product team UI Devs in adoption of a Single Client Exterior (SCE) / micro-frontend architecture, troubleshooting and problem-solving user interface challenges from both a development and design perspective.
- Build on OCC’s Design System leveraging ReactJS, Storybook and Figma. Work with Product team UI Devs to enhance and refactor components for reuse and contribution to the larger Design System.
- Work closely with our design and UX teams to deliver next generation experiences across our applications.
- Champion reusability, best practice component design & execution, and accessibility (a11y) within the business while acting as a primary contributor.
- Evaluating third-party UI packages and champion the security assessment and procurement processes.
- Engage security engineering for testing and compliance with security controls.
- Continual learning of emerging technologies/industry trends — Service Workers, React Lazy, Suspense, Intersection Observers, Web Components etc.
- Provide leadership to UI Devs.
- Mentor on standards and best practices for the DEV/Architecture community at OCC.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
- Strong understanding of web security [OAuth / Authentication / Authorization]
- Experience with Micro-front-ends architecture, Single SPA framework, and module federation.
- Experience with authentication/authorization models as it relates to Single SPA and Single Client Exterior. (ex. Okta integration)
- Experience with Git, Agile and CI/CD techniques and deployment strategies
- Proficiency with performance optimization techniques, including caching, minification, advanced Webpack packaging configuration
- Proficiency with testing tools
- Ability to effectively and confidently communicate (both verbally and written) technical issues in a clear, collaborative and open-minded manner with both technical and non-technical peers.
- Desirable: Understanding of WCAG accessibility compliance
- Experience in using front-end observability tools to monitor, troubleshoot and identify performance issues
- Micro-front-ends architecture, Single SPA, ReactJS, Git, Agile, CI/CD. DevOps, AWS.
Education and/or Experience:
- 7-10 years of experience developing and architecting web applications
Certificates or Licenses: