Associate QA Engineer
Our Product team, which is responsible for building and the continuous expansion of the Fusion Framework®, is looking for a talented and passionate QA Engineer to support our internal QA practice and strategy. Fusion’s work environment is highly collaborative, and this role will work closely with other members of the agile development team (Business Analysts, Developers, Product Manager) as it uses industry best practices to:
- Write test scenarios from user stories / requirements.
- Execute test scenarios in quality assurance environments.
- Log detailed defects for user stories including repeatable steps, test data required, and the environment in which defect was found.
- Contribute to reports and metrics around software quality including number of defects per sprint, defects resolved per sprint, etc.
- Communicate & escalate critical quality issues to leadership as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in an information technology discipline (CS, IS/MIS)
- 1-2 years of Quality Assurance professional experience or an enterprise internship in a QA role.
- Firm grasp on the fundamentals of the SDLC, with a strong emphasis on agile testing methodologies
- Knowledge of environment management and linking defects to environments and stories
- Experience testing enterprise Web Applications
- Experience testing database applications
- Strong understanding of testing across multiple platforms, cross browsers and devices
- Strong understanding of Component, Functional, System Integration, Regression and User Acceptance testing
- Experience working with a Test Management / Agile Management tool to generate a Traceability Matrix (e.g. Quality Center, MS-TFS, QTest, JIRA etc.,)
- Strong Understanding of QA methodologies, deliverables, processes
- Ability to author test cases, test steps to produce a repeatable scalable testing plan
- Experience in reporting, reproducing, and triaging software problems
- Strong communication skills and experience communicating with development teams and product owners
- Ability to estimate test schedule and report on test progress
- Ability to be a self-starter, demonstrating the ability to work independently and collaborate with a team
- Passionate about problem solving and working in a small team environment
- Experience with JIRA with an emphasis on Story/Issue tracking and defect identification
- Salesforce.com or Force.com experience is highly desired but not required
- Ability to write SQL Queries for a fairly complex application
- Experience with Mobile testing
- Exposure to Agile Development Methodologies
Fusion Risk Management, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Nothing in this job posting should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.