Associate Software Engineer- New College Grad Program at Paylocity
Delivering one-of-a-kind cloud technology, accompanied by award winning customer service, Paylocity is a software company in a category of its own. Poised to revolutionize the world of human capital management for hundreds of thousands of small and medium sized businesses, we are seeking the best and the brightest to help us create the future – enabling our customers to be employers of choice for their employees.
Our Product & Technology organization nurtures a dynamic agile work environment full of talented individuals with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds working in small teams around a shared mission. Guided by our development principles, and a passion for compelling software, we come together to deliver great products and make Paylocity an exciting place to work.
Make an impact in tech and launch your future career with Paylocity. We work in small agile product-oriented teams where we innovate, collaborate, and bring amazing products to market. Our technology anywhere philosophy nurtures a diverse and dynamic group of colleagues with a shared mission to make great products and have fun doing it. Join our new 18-month New College Grad on-boarding program, and develop to your full potential. After successfully completing the program, you will be placed on one of our product teams and continue to be able to work remotely from anywhere.
As a member of one of our product teams, you will be responsible for creating, enhancing, and supporting common features. Working side-by-side with Product Owners, Quality Assurance Engineers, and Business Stakeholders, our Associate Software Engineers are actively involved in the complete software development life cycle in an agile environment including technical design, hands-on coding, unit testing, performance tuning, maintenance, test automation, deploys and upgrades. Are you the teammate we are looking for?
WHO YOU ARE
- Enthusiastic about developing the best software available and providing the ultimate customer experience
- An advocate for continuous improvement of our software development process
- Interested in staying current by applying new technologies
- Able to work in a collaborative environment with a willingness to share your ideas
- Able to work independently on modules and complete tasks with high quality and contribute to high velocity, but unafraid to seek out suggestions from other team members
- Excited to be creative and innovative while working on cutting-edge technology
Location: From the beach one day to the coffee shop another- remote within the US!
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Curiosity and candor; the quality of the idea wins the day
- Casual, focused, and agile environment operating under our shared principles
- Customers at the center of everything we do
- Small, mission-focused teams with an entrepreneurial spirit backed by enterprise investments
- Consistent routines across stakeholders to ensure complete transparency
- Close working relationship between executive stakeholders and customers
- Ample opportunity and encouragement to stay current with external training
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science, software engineering, computer engineering or technology related field with an emphasis in software development
- Demonstrable proficiency with an object-oriented language (e.g., C#, Java, C++)
- Demonstrable knowledge of object-oriented design and development
- Must be able to work effectively in an agile and team environment
- Must be effective and creative in problem solving
- Previous internship experience in a technology-oriented role preferred