As a software company, our employees’ user experience is incredibly important to us. Our software is used by more than 25,000 brands around the world. Companies like the Chicago Bulls, Sony Electronics, Indiana University, Make-a-wish Foundation, Edelman, and Subaru rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
The central IT team at Sprout Social is responsible for employee tooling, network, security, and technical support for our entire organization. We are entirely SaaS-based, prefer lean, modern ways of working, and are forging a non-traditional path forward. Our mission is to provide world-class tooling to ensure the success of our employees. With multiple offices, distributed teams, and several live-streamed events every month, this role is integral in ensuring we provide the best experience.
As Sprout’s first automation engineer, you’ll seek areas for automation across the organization to eliminate repetitive and often redundant tasks. You will maintain our Workato and BetterCloud environments and design/organize a process to maintain a growing set of tasks. You’ll leverage your experience to bring new and creative ideas that will help us redefine workflows and gain efficiencies.
We’re looking for a quick learner and collaborative team player who understands the importance of support and wants to contribute towards improving and enhancing processes. If you thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and love solving hard problems through technology, we’d love to talk with you!
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- 3+ years of experience as a system administrator, DevOps, Engineering or similar role
- Technical support experience
Additionally, these are the preferred qualifications that would indicate a particularly strong candidate:
- Experience cultivating strong working relationships with business stakeholders, vendors, peers, and users
- Experience applying strong analytical skills in helping to define, measure, and analyze ROI and current business processes and turning them into actionable goals
- Experience managing Workato, BetterCloud, Zapier, and familiarity with RPA development
Within 1 month, you will:
- Experience Sprout’s in-depth onboarding, covering everything from our company mission and values, hearing directly from executives and founders, to deep training on our products and the value that Sprout delivers to our customers
- Make a plan with your manager to set initial priorities, align on expectations for your role, plant goalposts for your career, and learn about Sprout’s approach to supporting our users
- Learn our existing tooling and technologies and begin taking on a variety of support tickets
- Work with the Corporate IT team to identify some of the potential areas of improvement.
- Become knowledgeable on various technical processes, procedures, and tooling
- Participate in team meetings and bring your ideas to the table
- Begin participating in business analyst and project management functions
Within 3 months, you will:
- Work with your manager and teammates to create and prioritize quarterly goals
- Begin to take ownership of our current automation tooling and processes
- Begin making recommendations and implementing automation to reduce redundant tasks and other pain points within the IT department
- Build connections with members from other teams through active networking and community building
Within 6 months, you will:
- Begin to seek and coordinate work outside of our Corporate IT/ Service Desk team
- Ensure all processes are well documented and preventative maintenance/measures are designed and implemented
- Become a consultation point for all complex process issues that may arise across the organization, where automation may be appropriate.
- Have your first performance conversation with your manager, where you’ll discuss your accomplishments in your role and work together to build goals for your professional growth
- Contribute towards training fellow service desk members and share knowledge with other internal and end-user processes
Within 12 months, you will:
- Be a go-to expert on all automating processes across the organization
- Be the primary person in charge of all tooling and infrastructure being leveraged
- Continuously improve and maintain the various processes, adapting to changing requirements and needs throughout our organization.
- Surprise us! Use your unique ideas and abilities to contribute to Sprout IT and our user experience in beneficial ways that we haven’t even considered yet
Of course, what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment—your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our [email protected] program, employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives and mentorship programs for aspiring leaders
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop and downtown Seattle, for those who prefer an office setting
Whenever possible, Sprout wants to provide our team with the flexibility to work in the location that makes the most sense for them. For those that prefer an office setting, this role may be based in our Chicago or Seattle locations. If you prefer to work from your home, we can accommodate that for many locations across the United States. We are not set up in all states, however, so please take a look at the drop down box in our application to see whether your state is listed.
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on identity- race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our 2020 DEI Report.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We'll do all we can to ensure you're set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including requests for accommodation. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.