Automation Test Consultant
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is seeking an Automation Testing Consultant to assist in the day-to-day full SDLC activities for our clients. Candidates will need to demonstrate core understanding and prior experience in automated test development, test case design and team roles within an Agile environment.
- Lead the automated testing responsibilities on a custom software development project to ensure the requirements were implemented properly
- Help build out our testing expertise and reusable automation frameworks for the Software Engineering practice
- Apply appropriate development methodologies (e.g. Agile) and best practices (e.g.: requirements clarification, resolution of ambiguity, testing approaches and completeness) to ensure successful and timely completion
- Collaborate as necessary with other team members in requirements gathering, manual testing, roll-out and operations phases to ensure seamless transitions between WMP and our clients
- Lead the creation of project outputs such as high-level solution vision, solution backlog, test cases, and deployment approaches
- Help lead user adoption and change management activities during inception, UAT and post implementation phases
- 3+ years of relevant consulting or project experience working on medium-large scale technology solution delivery engagements
- Programming experience in creating automated test scripts from scratch; writing code, not just executing or updating what others have written
- Hands-on experience with one or more automation platforms (Selenium, Protractor, JUnit/NUnit, etc.)
- Experience in the design and development of automated testing frameworks, including database, API services and UI testing
- Hands on testing experience in a wide variety of environments (desktop, mobile, cloud)
- Experience with load/performance testing technologies is a plus
- Knowledge of one or more build management and CI/CD platforms
- Knowledge of one or more code and branch management platforms
- Strong business and technical requirements gathering experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment and manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Bachelor's degree with specialization in Computer Science, MIS, IT or other computer related disciplines is preferred.