At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is seeking an Cloud Architect to join our growing Cloud & Infrastructure consulting practice! The architect should have strong business acumen coupled with the technical depth necessary to lead cloud domain migrations for enterprise size clients. We are looking for someone with proven experience designing, engineering, and implementing cloud computing services, as well as someone who is excited about helping clients successfully migrate to the cloud and AWS.
- Assess current state business processes, gathering and defining requirements, and evaluate, recommend, re-engineer, and/or implement new processes and cloud technologies to accelerate client outcomes
- Collaborate with West Monroe consultants and client project teams to architect cloud and infrastructure solutions that improve various business and technical operations
- Drive the architecture, engineering, configuration, and deployment of highly available cloud infrastructures
- Develop migration strategies for various platform, cloud, infrastructure, and network technologies
- Lead deep architecture discussions and design exercises to create sophisticated AWS solutions for cloud deployment
- Train and mentor junior consultants on cloud computing best practices
- Seek out new cloud engagements when possible, and contribute to Technology and C&I business/practice development
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field preferred, or equivalent experience required
- Consulting firm/industry experience preferred
- 5-10+ years of experience in a cloud/IT architecture role in areas such as cloud computing, IaaS/PaaS, systems, OS/end user, server, networking, data center, hosting, virtualization, storage, etc.
- Experience leading enterprise on-prem to AWS migration projects required
- Hands-on proficiency with any/multiple of the following: AWS cloud native applications, Amazon EKS, API Gateway, Lambda, SQS, DynamoDB, ECS, Glacier, SNS, CloudFront, VPC, RDS, Redshift, etc.
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code automation tools (CloudFormation, Terraform) preferred
- Experience with modern programming (Java, C#) and/or scripting languages (Python, PowerShell) preferred
- AWS Professional, Specialty, and/or Associate level certifications preferred
- Strong communication and project management skills in fast paced, dynamic environments
- Ability to learn new cloud and infrastructure technologies to enable delivery of cutting-edge client solutions
- Willingness to travel for out of town client engagements
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.wmp.com/inclusion.