Azure Engineer at VillageMD
At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most accessible and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems.
Integral to our Technology Operations team, the Azure Engineer will drive a wide variety of projects to support and improve the organization’s operational efficiency, including overall resource availability and response times. As a new member of our team, you will initially be responsible for helping with the implementation of process and controls that takes us to next level of operational maturity.
What will make you successful here?
- Leveraging Kanban methodology in managing day to day tasks and ability to breakup large objectives in smaller achievable chunks to make incremental progress
- Ability to communicate at all levels including providing executive summaries and writing effective notes in project stories.
- A low ego and humility.
What you might do in your first year:
- Lead and execute scaling strategy for Azure platform with “Security First” approach in mind
- Own provisioning, implementation, and maintenance of all Azure environments
- Leverage various alerting mechanism with goal of achieving maximum infrastructure uptime including availability of critical services that our business depends upon daily
- Actively participate in increasing percentage of infrastructure covered under Infrastructure as Code (IaC) setup with context of elevating maturity of HA/DR solution
- Identify opportunities to build automation and services to make operations of continuously growing infrastructure simple
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 3-5 years of Azure experience and proficiency with design, deploying, and applying policy to virtualization technologies, including: Resource Groups, VMs, VNET, and Blueprints.
- MUST HAVE experience deploying IaC (terraform)
- Experience with Design and deployment of virtual network configurations, including NSGs, Event Hubs, Virtual WANs, TCP/IP, DNS VPN, firewalls, and encryption technologies
- Experience with Design and deployment of Hybrid Active Directory Sync concepts, including users, groups, and Privileged Identity Management roles, and IAM
- Experience with Design and deployment of a cloud backup and DR solution
- Experience with ARM templates
- Experience with Azure File Storage and File Sync design & optimization.
- PowerShell DSC experience, a big plus
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.