Bioinformatics Scientist, Quality Assurance
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings.
We are seeking a highly motivated and capable Bioinformatics Quality Assurance Scientist with extensive experience and interest in molecular assay development. This position requires experience with scientific programming, assay validation, regulatory agency interaction, and statistical analysis. Top candidates will also have experience deploying bioinformatics code within a clinical setting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build systems to test and analyze production clinical bioinformatics pipelines
- Collaborate with scientists, and clinicians to design and perform analyses on cancer clinical sequencing data in order to improve quality of care.
- Devise statistical analyses to support regulatory submissions.
- Produce high quality and detailed documentation for all projects.
- Must have completed a Ph.D. in Cancer Biology or Molecular Biology related to cancer.
- Computational skills using R, Bioconductor, and/or Python.
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Experience in cancer genetics, immunology, or molecular biology
- Experience in regulated industrial environment
- Strict attention to detail
- Experience with molecular assay development and validation
- Experience working with next-generation sequencing data
- Self-driven and works well in interdisciplinary teams
- Experience with communicating insights and presenting concepts to a diverse audience
- Demonstrated programming ability
- Strong background in the development of statistical models