CAT DIGITAL - DIGITAL TECHNICAL ANALYST (JAVA/WEB/AWS) - OPEN TO DECEMBER/MAY GRADUATES at Caterpillar
To evaluate and implement proposed program changes or additions to systems and programs. Assist more experienced system development and support personnel in developing solutions to customer related requests and/or system problems. Integrate purchased solutions with Caterpillar systems. Develop and write related program logic or integrate solutions into the systems or infrastructure after testing functions of developed programs or purchased software.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
This position reports to an IT Supervisor, Senior IT Supervisor or IT Manager as do other staff jobs in application and programming sections. Customers may include Caterpillar customers, dealers, internal Caterpillar organizations (service centers and/or worldwide business units), suppliers, other Information
Technology teams or business partners. Responsibilities are within functional lines with individual IT Applications Analysts assigned new program development and/or maintenance of existing mobile, WEB, Cloud, server, personal computer, mainframe, and/or distributed computing systems.
- Designs, codes, tests, and debugs programs of varying degrees of complexity.
- Configuration or customization of purchased software solutions.
- Evaluates recommended software and/or program changes and their potential impact on the environment and execution results.
- Works on application/technical problem identification and resolution, including off-shift and weekend support functions.
- Works independently on complex programs/subroutines.
Under the direction of more experienced staff, assists in the development or configuration of major system modules and programs.
- Fully qualified to perform most programming assignments without close management.
- Fully knowledgeable of programming languages, program design and specification development, programming logic, logic diagrams, testing, debugging and documentation.
- May perform integration tasks for in-house developed systems and/or purchased software solutions.
- Improves development and support processes.
Requires a 4-year accredited university/college degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
6+ months of experience with application development (ideally with some experience with multiple languages) with school projects or work related.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
Knowledge of Relational Database technologies and tools (SQL, Oracle, DB2, etc)
Full Stack Development Experience.
Basic knowledge of database ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) methodology
Knowledge of Unix/Linux operating system and command line options (Bash, SED, etc)
Experience utilizing Application Programming Interfaces for application integration (some common examples include SOAP, REST)
Familiarity with Object Oriented programming methodology and techniques (common languages include C++, Java, Ruby, Python)
Basic knowledge of cloud based development processes (Azure, Amazon Web Services, etc.)
Knowledge of basic analytics reporting (examples such as Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
Ability to learn new technologies quickly and apply to real world situations.
Strong communication skills.
Caterpillar is proud of the role we play in building the world's infrastructure. The work we do drives progress for millions of people around the globe.
All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.