Chief Technology Officer
PowerReviews provides an omnichannel shopper experience and insights solution which captures, influences and amplifies the voice of the shopper throughout the shopping journey to drive traffic, sales, and actionable insights. PowerReviews customers consist of over 1,000 of the most trusted brands worldwide.
Partnering with the Senior Leadership Team, the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) will be responsible for technical leadership and strategy across the company. The CTO should have experience in SaaS technologies and must be able to demonstrate expertise in leading and managing the creation of world class products. The CTO will be responsible for PowerReview’s short term and long term technical and engineering strategy. As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, you will work closely with other executives on translating business goals into technical realities.
What You Will Bring and Do:
- Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff.
- Establish and maintain collaborative, supportive, open and professional working relationships with a variety of executives, management, and team members.
- Results Oriented
- Have a keen sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize deliverables, meet targets, and resolve issues.
- Help foster innovation. Support a culture that empowers everyone to be a thought leader.
- Mentor and develop emerging leaders within the organization
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members and organizations to their optimum
- Study and continuously learn about our industry, products, competitors and customers.
- Exhibit world-class communication skills and a drive for transparency within all teams at the Company.
- Experience in developing strong relationships with your team of 25+, including direct reports, remote employees, and the Executive Team.
- BS in a related field and at least 15+ years experience in the Information Technology arena, at least 5 years management and strategic experience in this field
- Proven experience as a CTO, VP Engineering, or similar leadership role
- Motivate, develop, and lead technical teams through periods of aggressive growth and through difficult business environments.
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning in mid-stage venture-backed companies
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Able to identify business development opportunities and negotiate partnerships
- Develop the annual operating and capital budget for technology and digital initiatives to ensure it is consistent with the overall strategic objectives of the enterprise.
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively
- Exposure to M&A efforts, and associated transition execution.
- Knowledge of technological trends to build strategy
- Ability to develop and present the PowerReviews’ technology vision and capabilities to customers, prospects, and at conferences
- Ability to influence and advise all aspects of the business and while attracting, developing, and retaining strong technical talent
- Recent demonstrated experience building and managing world-class technology platforms using open source software solutions; providing cloud-based SaaS solutions, including data-intensive platforms
- Prior experience running high volume web services at scale, eg. 4 billion+ page views per month, doubling during holiday periods.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance on software development tools, technology and Agile development
- Strong experience with Agile and associated DevOps SDLCs, along with numerous technologies; (e.g., Java, React, Ruby on Rails, graph databases)
- Visionary thinker. Able to work with CEO to realize the future of the company, and how to get there technically
- Drive strategic thinking across the entire software and data ecosystem within PowerReviews
PowerReviews is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.