If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewOur IT organization has a critical role in driving extraordinary business results. Through a strong partnership with other areas of our business, we bring innovative thinking to every conversation and deliver with integrity. We’re looking for people who bring great ideas and who make our partners’ ideas better. Intellectually curious advisors (not order takers) who focus on outcomes to creatively solve business problems. People who not only embrace change, but who accelerate it.
Motorola Solutions is building talent pipelines to meet future hiring demands. This is a pipeline role, while there may not be an immediate opening, we want to build relationships with prospective candidates. If your background is a match to our requirements, we will follow up with an exploratory conversation.
Seeking an experienced developer, with strong systems background, for our Cloud Platform & Automation (CPAT) team. You will work on exciting projects building robust and automated platforms across hyperscale cloud providers. We streamline deployments using modern DevOps practices and Infrastructure-as-Code, empower users through self service portal. This is an exciting opportunity to work with the latest and greatest technologies and hone your cloud technology skills!
Scope of Responsibilities:
• Design, develop and manage Cloud Platform ecosystem in Azure and AWS
• Streamline cloud deployments with infrastructure-as-code and CI/CD pipeline
• Build dashboards to provide visibility, and UI to empower users and admins with self-service capabilities
• Execute POCs, migrate/build application workloads on Azure and AWS
• Standardize and automate, operational and security processes/procedures
• Collaborate with the security team to improve the security posture, automating technical enforcement of policies and guidelines
• Strong Software Development experience with demonstrable proficiency in one or more languages - Python, Java, PowerShell, NodeJS, AngularJS, etc
• Working knowledge of infrastructure concepts and administration (Linux or Windows, DNS, Network, Firewalls and Security)
• Thorough understanding of Infrastructure-as-code concepts and tools -ex. Terraform, Chef, Puppet,ARM, etc, and cloud delivery models
• Proficiency with MS Azure and/or AWS Compute and Platform services
• Working Knowledge of SDLC/Agile practices - CI/CD pipeline, automated testing, code reviews
• Experience developing REST APIs and microservices architecture
• Self-motivated, team player who demonstrates initiative and flexibility.
• Willingness to learn new technologies and adapt, train others
• Self organized, ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
• Cloud Certifications (Azure, AWS)
• Experience with microservices and container orchestration
• Experience with testing methodologies and automation
• Experience with web / front-end development
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years of software development experience or Master's degree in Computer Science and/or related field
Referral Payment PlanNo
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.