Cloud Engineer at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
In this role, we are looking for a hands-on engineer who will be responsible for assisting in design, provision, automate and maintain large state of the art Cloud Infrastructure for the DNA Platform. We are looking for a full stack cloud engineer to help build out our environments. This engineer will have cloud platform experience (preferably with Amazon Web Services) and will work with team automating operations, maintaining and supporting infrastructure, coding and scripting, as well as communicating and collaborating with, and advising our development teams.
- Assist in maintaining high performance levels, maximum uptime and overall integrity of internal and production systems Work collaboratively with Development to deploy and operate our systems.
- Administer Advanced Analytics infrastructure in AWS.
- Automate infrastructure via infrastructure-as-code and configuration management.
- Collaborate alongside engineers and the product teams on business and operational matters
- Maintain the performance, monitoring, and scale management in the cloud environment
- Support software development processes via continuous integration and delivery.
- Design and Support Access patterns, IAM policies and overall system security.
- Look for ways to improve and streamline processes and procedures.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, test and production environments.
- Builds, delivers, and maintains modern cloud platforms that support agile teams.
- Partners with key stakeholders as a platform champion for cloud-native systems, and coaches on how to use platform capabilities effectively through appropriate venues
- Drives continuous improvement of products & capabilities through internal user groups and external market research
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field.
- 2+ years of work experience in application or platform development, consulting or related experience
- In lieu of education experience, 4+ years of work experience in application or platform development, consulting or related experience
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 1+ years working with Cloud Technologies
- 1+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer, working in AWS.
- Experience with AWS IAM Roles & Policies, API Gateway, Route 53, EC2, S3, Lambda and RDS.
- Experience with web application servers (NGiNX, Apache, Squid)
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code methodologies and proficient use of orchestration and configuration management tools such as Ansible.
- Understanding of the entire AWS Product and Service suite (EC2, S3, VPC, CloudFormation, RDS, Lambda, Redshift, EMR, SQS, SNS etc.) of products and their applicable use cases, best practices and implementation, and support considerations.
- Experience with resource, security, and cost management strategies in AWS.
- Experience in Linux system administration.
- Experience implementing multi-account governance in AWS.
- Experience in Python Programming.
- Experience managing code on Github
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Experience working with an Agile Development software team.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.