Cloud Security Engineer
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally understand our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of said data. Here at Tempus, we are building the infrastructure to modernize cancer treatment. By analyzing a patient’s genetic data in the context of molecular therapies, We empower physicians to make real-time data-driven decisions in clinic based on the comprehensive computational analysis of a patient’s unique pathology. We're looking for IT professionals who are passionate about changing the status quo and bringing cancer care into the 21st century.
As a cloud security Engineer, you’ll play a critical role in fulfilling the mission of Tempus by providing secure and private cancer care for our clients and their patients.
What You'll Do:
- Support the Director of Technical Operations with a number of cloud security initiatives, including:
- Work as a key member of Tempus’ TechOps team to securely provision, protect, and defend Tempus cloud environments
- Work to design, maintain, and administer the security architecture in IaaS environments
- Perform periodic security audits
- Evaluate the impact of new technologies on Tempus’ technical security program
- Work with external vendors such as cloud infrastructure providers
- Address technical security related helpdesk tickets, and as a member of the IR team conduct investigations, mitigate incidents, and prevent breaches
- Coordinate with InfoSec, IT and other technical stakeholders on various on-prem, cloud, data, and engineering projects
- Work to develop various security standards and guidelines
- Maintain the cloud monitoring/health systems and ensure business stakeholders receive prompt break/fix service
- Engage with vendors and carriers as required to assist in troubleshooting or implementation of solutions
- Write and maintain proper documentation and SOP’s
- Lead training sessions to enhance employees’ proficiency using cloud technology systems and infrastructure
Qualifications & Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related technical field and/or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- 3+ years general experience with Amazon Web Services
- 3+ years working security experience with WAFs and securing ELBs, S3 buckets, and other infrastructure.
- Experience with logging, monitoring, and alerting systems like Guard Duty and CloudTrail, and log aggregation into SIEM tools like Logrhythm.
- General familiarity with on-prem LAN/WAN environments including routers, switches, firewalls, access controllers/APs, including 802.1X.
- Experience with encryption protocols like PKI, EAP, TLS.
- Network administration in IaaS environments (AWS, Azure) including cloud microsegmentation
- Strong understanding of change control methodologies and experience following change processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Excellent organization skills including the ability to work effectively in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Demonstrate project and time management skills and the ability to manage expectations in a startup environment.
Great if you have:
- Experience with auditing, policy writing, and risk management frameworks
- Previous experience in the healthcare sector and securing infrastructure to standards or compliance frameworks such as HIPAA, HITRUST, ISO, or GDPR
- Experience with Application Security products and programs
- Professional certifications such as CCSP, AWS Certified Security Specialty, Comptia Cloud+, Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge, etc
- Experience with networking routing & optimization (BGP, MPLS, OSPF, EIGRP, QoS, etc)
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field