Cloud Solutions Architect - Remote at DFIN
Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN) is a leader in risk and compliance solutions, providing insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights to clients across the globe. We’re here to help you make smarter decisions with insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights at every stage of your business and investment lifecycles. As markets fluctuate, regulations evolve and technology advances, we’re there. And through it all, we deliver confidence with the right solutions in moments that matter.
Individuals with the Azure Solutions Architect role lead the implementation of secure and highly available cloud solutions within the Azure platform. This is a highly technical position responsible for the analysis, design, implementation, security of the enterprise’s cloud-based environment. The environment is comprised of a multi-region infrastructure supporting IaaS and PaaS resources. The Solutions Architect will serve as a technical expert and will lead and work with users and technical peer groups.
Solutions Architect will lead the implementation of new technologies across design, install, configuration, maintenance, and testing. In-scope technologies include Azure and AWS cloud-based services. Other responsibilities include troubleshooting problems as escalated through incident management, supporting application access and maintaining a secure systems environment. They drive infrastructure solutions based on application needs and anticipated growth, deliver new services, and maintain the infrastructure.
Solutions Architect will need excellent communication skills and must be able to work collaboratively with internal clients and other colleagues. Individuals work across functional areas of DFIN and use a strong customer service mindset to ensure that projects, service requests, and incidents are resolved in a professional manner. They share their expertise and provide individual training and support. Solutions Architect work with other technical staff and vendors to provide IT services to DFIN and our customers.
- Apply technical knowledge and insights to create a modernization roadmap.
- Architect solutions to meet business and IT needs, ensuring technical viability of new projects and successful deployments, while orchestrating key resources and infusing key Infrastructure technologies (e.g. Windows and Linux IaaS, Security, Networking, etc.), and Application Development and DevOps technologies (e.g. App Service, containers, serverless, cloud native, etc.) as appropriate.
- Ensure all solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Well versed in Azure Devops in areas of Release Management, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Expertise in a scripting language (e.g., Python, Powershell, Azure CLI, etc)
- Lead the assessment of migrations, upgrades, and modern technologies aligned with the IT Infrastructure Architecture roadmap.
- Act as technical liaison between operations teams and engineers providing critical insight to implementation and strategy, including validation of ongoing solution supportability.
- Ensure engineered systems meet business continuity and disaster recovery requirements.
- Support configuration management of IT Infrastructure services.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation including SOPs and System Design.
- Establish, maintain, and adhere to DFIN technical standards, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain effective communications with vendors, peers and clients in support of assigned projects.
- Exeperience with deployment management tools (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc) is desired.
- Experience working in the Microsoft Azure Environment.
- Passion for continuous improvement and advancing technological solutions.
- Strong understanding of the following: Cloud native architecture principles.
- Experience building enterprise web applications using .NET/SQL Server.
- Strong client management and communication skills; credible and professional presence.
- In-depth experience architecting complex Azure public/private Cloud platform solutions (PaaS, SaaS, IaaS).
- Containerization and PaaS approaches and tools (e.g., Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, Docker Enterprise, Azure Stack).
- Ability to work with ambiguity and visualize solutions for emerging concepts.
- Experience architecting and implementing both PaaS and IaaS enterprise solutions.
- Experience and understanding of large-scale infrastructure deployments in enterprise-wide environments required.
- 2+ years of experience as an Azure Cloud Solutions Architect.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (advanced Excel especially), Office 365.
- Passionate about customer service, user experience, and being an example for the greater team.
- Ability to successfully balance multiple simultaneous demands & self-adjust to meet shifting priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with the financial services industry is desirable but not required.
It is the policy of Donnelley Financial Solutions to select, place and manage all its employees without discrimination based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, actual or perceived disability, veteran's status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access jobs.dfinsolutions.com as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to [email protected].