Rightpoint, a Genpact company, is the digital consultancy with technology at its core. We design and engineer end-to-end experiences that help our clients succeed at the speed of innovation. Rightpoint serves more than 250 Fortune 1000 companies. We've partnered with brands like 3M, Sanofi, Azek, Chamberlain, Grant Thornton, Six Flags, Johnson Controls, Aon, B&H, and Abbott, just to name a few. Rightpoint has 500 employees across 10 offices. Check out our Sizzle Reel showcasing some of our latest work here. For more information, visit rightpoint.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Are you someone who wants to create change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with inspired and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we're searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
The Tech/Dev Lead plays a key role in the day-to-day management and delivery of development activities assigned to client projects. This role is a technically proficient leader that has very strong team management, team mentoring, team development and overall client and team communication skills.
The Commerce Tech/Dev Lead will be responsible for:
- Responsible for working with the development team and coordinating day to day activities in ensuring project budget and timelines
- Coordination and collaboration with Solutions and Enterprise Architects to ensure alignment and scope validation
- VSTS, JIRA and Git Hub management for project team solutions, tasks and work breakdown schedules
- Coordination with Project Management for task breakdown and effort analysis
- Lead technical design sessions, architect and document technical solutions that are aligned with client business objectives.
- Manage the technical delivery of custom development, integrations, and data migration elements of a Commerce implementation.
- Provide hands-on code, expert-level technical assistance to developers.
- Lead and Manage project scrums to ensure quality in delivery and process.
- Conduct code reviews for ongoing projects to ensure that code quality is at the highest level possible and appropriate design patterns are being used.
It is important that the Commerce Tech/Dev Lead have a strong and diverse background in not only software development projects but can also bring to bear the requisite client-facing soft skills that foster positive communications and trust with clients.
- Ensure alignment between IT and business realms; strive for transparency and open communications across both groups.
- Work closely with the Enterprise and Solution Architects to analyze/document current and future state technical architecture and design models, detail technical requirements and architectural roadmaps, and conduct technical analysis of client current state technologies.
- The Tech/Dev Lead will be responsible for moving the projects through the development lifecycle and then working with the discipline leads to get testing plan and deployment methodologies defined and proven, as well as managing client reviews and securing client sign off on the projects code delivery.
- Will have responsibility for the quality and timely delivery of the technical solution.
- Consider both Technology and Organizational factors in your work including:
- Technical Factors: IT Operations, Technology Decisions
- Organizational Factors: Culture, Supportable, Business Drivers
- Exercise strong critical thinking skills; think quickly and "on your toes".
- Solve complex and unique problems; evaluate and bring polished analysis to the solution.
- Ensure team engagement and mentorship for junior resources for the duration of the delivery.
- Innovate and contribute to building Rightpoint Commerce assets such as accelerators and modules
- Bachelor's Degree in Business/Computer Science (preferred) or related field
- Experience in implementing Commerce solutions in multiple technologies such as Sitecore, Episerver or custom solutions – have at least 2-5 implementations of transactional Commerce sites.
- 5+ years of web application and web site development in C# (Commerce sites, portals, mobile sites)
- Proven track record understanding client requirements and translating them into actionable development deliverables
- Experience developing complex Integration Solutions is considered a plus (middle-tier applications)
- Experience in working with junior resources to ensure knowledge transfer and expertise buildup.
- Experience working with geographically dispersed highly motivated and innovative teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills between both the customer and all levels within the organization are required
- 3 or more years of Commerce development responsibilities specifically in a lead or Senior Development role of managing and delivering application development projects.
- Willingness to travel periodically
Who We Are
Intrapreneurship is defined as creating from within, starting something from nothing. And it is at the heart of the people at Rightpoint. We are a values-led organization driven by innovation, rooted in technology and relentlessly curious. We're a start-up at heart and we're able to move quickly to build unique, innovative customer experiences that evolve the way our clients do business.
- Top Workplace Awards: Chicago Tribune – 5 Years!, Dallas Business Journal, Chicago Timmy Awards, and Crain's Business Detroit
- Crain's Chicago Fast Fifty of "Fastest Growing Companies," 4 Years!
- Best Charitable Organization/Non-Profit Website – Webby Awards
- Top Partners with Microsoft, Sitecore, and EpiServer
- Google Developers Certified Agency – 4 years running!
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint
- Flexible PTO
- Casual and open office environment
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Great insurance coverage and flexible spending accounts
- 401k with Company Matching
- Weekly Snack/Drink delivery
- Regular Cultural & Social Events including: Volunteering, Game Nights, Cultural and Diversity Spotlights, Happy Hours, Team Outings, Intramural Sports, etc.
- Bi-Weekly Catered Lunches
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
Our Commitment to You
No matter who you are, where you come from, who you love, what you believe, or what you geek out about, we bring people together to make great work. That's what makes us Rightpoint!
Rightpoint, a Genpact Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.