Data Engineer at SPINS LLC
Who we are.
For 20+ years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
What you will do.
The SPINS Product and Technology teams include product development for internal and client-facing applications, data operations, data sourcing, master data, data science, custom reporting, design, engineering, data content quality and compliance. The position of Data Engineer reports to the Manager of Data & Software Quality.
As a Data Engineer at SPINS, you will work to create test scripts and applications for our various data and software products from business requirements, automating as much as possible. Data is the core of our business, so you will be digging deep in the data to make sure it is accurate. You will document and evaluate test results and defects, and work with the engineering team to troubleshoot issues. Collaboration with teammates and across other departments is essential for success in this role.
What You Bring.
While your talent and experience matter most, we have to mention these qualifications matter to us:
- Detail oriented, with a focus on continuous improvement while finding and fixing problems instead of avoiding them.
- An active participant. You are always the first to volunteer for any task because you are driven by the challenge of completing difficult and interesting projects.
- Capable of thriving in complicated environments. You are undaunted by challenges and are able to focus where and when needed.
- Experience in organizations where data & insights are what we sell to clients
- 7+ years professional experience in Quality Assurance.
- Ability to understand both aggregated and disaggregated data with statistical measures
- Expertise in software engineering. You might have a preference for JAVA or C#, but there is no language you can’t learn.
- Collaboration with team members in a dynamic environment
- Creative thinking with a passion for achieving high quality results.
- Effective verbal and written communication with co-workers
We’re even more impressed if you bring along your:
- Exposure to XP or other Agile engineering teams
- Experience with the integration of AI and ML models into production operations
- Exposure to Google Cloud Platform (or AWS or Azure)
- Experience with automated test frameworks
When we began working from home in 2020, we were committed to keeping the healthy and active SPINS culture for our employees. Keeping the culture is high priority to us as we have continued to hire and onboard new employees even while we worked remotely. We listen to employee feedback as we plan when and how we will return to the office in the future. While we can’t have some of our favorite in-office perks (plenty of snacks, onsite gym, and bike storage), we’ve continued to find ways to stay true to SPINS:
- Virtual yoga, HIIT, and Kinstretch classes each week
- Each employee is allotted 8 hours to use to volunteer with an organization of their choice.
- Stay connected with other SPINS employees for a weekly PELOTON ride together
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.