Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
Passionate about building great software products?
At Tempus, software products are owned and developed by small, autonomous teams composed of developers, designers, scientists, and product managers. You and your team set the goals, build the software, deploy the code, and contribute to a growing software platform that will make a lasting impact in the field of cancer research and treatment
Tempus builds software as nimble as our teams. Our modern tech stack - containerized applications running on AWS and GCP managed services - allows our teams to iterate rapidly and lead our industry in innovation. Emphasis on automation coupled with our decentralized, microservice architecture allows us to deliver advanced solutions with confidence at scale.
Why we’re looking for you:
- You have experience with CICD systems (we use Concourse)
- You have experience managing cloud infrastructure in AWS, GCP, Azure, or similar (we use AWS & GCP)
- You have built and deployed containerized applications and services to Kubernetes (e.g. GKE, EKS)
- You understand the challenges and appreciate the rewards of a distributed and event-based architecture
- You enjoy automating manual tasks
- You have worked in agile environments and are comfortable iterating quickly
- You enjoy collaborating and communicating with team members of varying skill sets and from different fields
Bonus points for:
- Experience with one of the many infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform (our favorite)
- Experience with systems design
- Proficiency with Python, Go, or another programming language
- Solicit feedback across Engineering and Product to identify pain points and problem areas with deploying software, and recommend solutions for them
- Previous experience in the healthcare sector and securing infrastructure to standards or compliance frameworks such as HIPAA, HITRUST, or ISO
Responsibilities for the Position:
- Use your experience, deep technical knowledge, and creativity to simplify development and infrastructure provisioning workflows
- Iterate on and maintain our CICD system
- Configures and deploys cloud infrastructure using Terraform and Concourse
- Proactively and continuously learn about new and relevant technologies
- Use your knowledge to influence other developers and advocate for best practices