Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
Design Systems Engineers are integral members of the UX organization. They are responsible for building the foundations of our design system while supporting implementation for our product teams delivering against our customers' unmet needs. They partner closely with designers, engineers, and product leaders, helping to provide subject matter expertise, support, and feedback to the systems' internal customers. They are responsible for closely partnering with product designers and product development team members to support implementing the design system into product team code through reusable front-end components. They are creative UX professionals at their core and are proficient in modern front-end tools, technologies, and approaches. This position requires a commitment to exceptional results, a strong desire for growth and continuous improvement, and the ability to build strong relationships with a multi-discipline team.
Reports To: Engineering Manager
Who you are:
- You have a learner's mindset and are interested in staying up to date on the latest technology, advocate for continuous improvement, and looking for ways to improve the practice of design system
- A humble facilitator who collaborates and seeks feedback from a diverse, cross-functional team of designers, software engineers, product owners, and product team leaders
- Passionate about maintaining, supporting, and contributing to a comprehensive design system that is the foundation of our cohesive customer experience
- Energized by understanding our design system user's unmet needs through the proficient application of development techniques
- Is opportunistic when bringing creativity and fresh thinking to their work as it evolves in the software development lifecycle
- Collaborate with product designers and community engineers to help realize experiences for our users through the deliverables of the system
- Work with engineering teams to consume the design system components to realize designs that shape the user experience
- Help establish emerging standards in the front-end while promoting best practices to push the limits of what's possible
- Instill an unwavering commitment to quality by enabling the best practices for quality during development
- Evangelize the efforts of the design system's modular components to the engineering community and stakeholders
- Stay connected with users of the system, gathering feedback, sharing knowledge, and supporting the implementation of the Design Systems components
- Offer and solicit feedback from team members to continually better the design system practice
- A strong passion for accessibility and inclusivity; understanding necessary steps needed to create accessible applications using modern techniques
- Lived our culture and values and followed standards in the development and operational excellence
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, technology, or design-related field or equivalent experience
- Must have at least 5 years of experience creating patterns to create engaging, multi-platform user experiences. Creating experiences at an enterprise-level organization preferred
- Deep understanding of component-based architecture within front-end frameworks including React and Angular
- Strong understanding of user experience principles and good communication skills with an ability to collaborate with Engineers and Designers
- Familiarity with standard creative tools such as Figma, Sketch, InVision, and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Familiarity with working in an agile software development environment working on/with cross
- functional teams to deliver a product user experience
- Demonstrated ability to deliver and iterate on valuable user experiences
- Able to effectively communicate development techniques with the team and stakeholders that deliver upon business outcomes
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $83,991 - $125,000 /year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position offers a comprehensive variable compensation package, in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.