The Ascendon Operations Engineer I is accountable for the effective operation and support of solutions delivered by the Ascendon Product Development Teams. This accountability covers seven main areas:
- installing, configuring and upgrading Ascendon Products.
- maintaining deployment and application infrastructure.
- validating installation, configuration, release and promotion processes and procedures.
- supporting the Ascendon Product Development Teams’ releases and promotions through to production.
- monitoring the function and performance of Ascendon solutions.
- creating and documenting automated solutions for Operations Engineer processes configure, upgrade and maintain servers.
- participating in the Platform and Operations Engineer on-call rotation schedule.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Ascendon Product installation and configuration with occasional troubleshooting assistance
- Validate Operations Engineer processes and procedures
- Monitor Ascendon solutions function and performance
- Trouble-shoot and bug-fix Ascendon solutions
- Automate and document Operations Engineer processes
- Collaborate with colleagues in architecture and development groups
- Install, configure and upgrade third party products and open source solutions
- Document solution delivery and support, and projects and research as required
- Operations Engineer on-call
- Participate in and contribute at daily stand-up meetings
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
- Understands and adheres to CSG Security and Compliance standards as they appear in Information Security, Acceptable Use, Code of Conduct, and other corporate policies. Keeps abreast of all applicable regulations, laws, and policies as they presently exist and as they change or are modified.
- Incumbent is accountable for professional working behavior to include: building and maintaining constructive working relationships, implementing proactive and concise communication, acting as a resource to colleagues, and engaging in collaborative thinking and problem solving while demonstrating CSG’s core competencies and values.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering (Electrical, Software, or Telecommunications) or a related field.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with development and release processes
- Experience with version control, continuous integration and delivery tools (Subversion, Git, Jenkins, Artifactory or related services like Azure DevOps, Salt, AWS CodeCommit/Build/Pipelines, BitBucket or GitLab)
- Experience configuring, managing and upgrading servers and software
- Experience with database applications (MS SQL, MySQL) and Web Services (REST, SOAP)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Chef, Puppet or Ansible)
- Software development experience on Windows or Linux platforms in common scripting languages (Python, Groovy, Ruby, bash, PowerShell)
- Experience with AWS Cloud Services, Kibana, JIRA and Remedy
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- An ability to work independently, with minimal assistance to solve problems
- Good written and verbal communication skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Good collaboration and organizational skills
- Must have high level analytical, negotiating and problem-solving skills to diagnose complex problems and find solutions