As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally
Design automated software and product upgrades, change management, and release management solutions. Developing new features and functionality with a high degree of testability. Creating feature tests Developing pipeline jobs to automate continuous build, integration, deployment and testing. Driving common pattern usage across the team to ensure consistency in approach and integration. Developing tools to improve the resiliency and operability of the application Implementing approach and tools to efficiently utilize the platform environments across development and testing requirements including deployment into private cloud infrastructure and Docker containers. Responsible for the development and delivery infrastructure and tooling and upkeep of the platform Prototyping, architecting and implementing/updating the platform. Performing peer reviews and code reviews. Must have the ability to be a self-starter and work independently on technical projects but also work collaboratively with project team members through an agile development process that promotes constant team communication.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in multiple modern programming Java and Python
- Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
- At least 10+ years hands on experience with one of the following delivery platforms - Jenkins, TeamCity, QuickBuilds
- Hands expierence with scripting languages like Bash/Shell, Groovy
- Hands on experience with Mesos, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, Azure, VMWare, etc.
- Working knowledge of infrastructure components such as (E.g. routers, load balancers , cloud products , container systems , compute, storage and networks)
- Application clustering / load balancing concepts and technologies Splunk, ELK, Grafana, InfluxDB, Cassandra, etc. Kafka, Cupid, AMPS.
- SQL Queries, performance tuning and management of map reduce jobs
- Understanding of code promotion, DevOps, system administration, Puppet/Chef/Ansible, and Platform as a Service Architecture
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions that help the bank provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk, and extend liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.