DevOps Engineer (Remote) at Fetch Rewards
Who We Are:
We reward shoppers for digitizing their shopping experience.
Our mission is to delight the world’s shoppers with a free smartphone app that is easy, smart and fun.
Why Join the Fetch Family?
We make it better for users even when that's difficult for us
We empower people with information and trust
We challenge ideas, not people
We think bigger and keep building
We find ways to bring the fun to Fetch!
We're committed to building an empowered and inclusive community of innovative and passionate people. As a growing organization, we need team players who can go above and beyond their individual responsibilities to help our company build towards its vision. If you are a creative, hard-working, and fun-seeking person interested in working with a close-knit group of highly talented people, this is the right place for you.
Fetch Rewards is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Fetch’s next step in evolving the shopping experience will require a DevOps Engineer You will build, deploy, manage and monitor highly performant backend services. This is a key leadership position, responsible for writing software and guiding technical direction. Success in this role requires the ability to take on challenging problems and design & develop an appropriate solution with little to no assistance.In your tool-bag
- Experience with writing extensible code
- Experience managing highly available and scalable hosting solutions in a micro-service environment
- Experience building extendable applications/systems for internal engineering teams
- Experience designing and building complex multi-region network architectures
- Understand the complexity and failure domains of micro-services and distributed architectures
- Ability to troubleshoot large scale production systems and explain both short and long-term solutions with trade-offs.
- Effective communication, including the ability to translate and explain technical issues to non- technical team members.
- Modern cloud architecture (virtualization, networking, databases, message queueing)
- Building highly available, scalable, fault-tolerant infrastructure
- Continuous build and deployment tools and practices
- Building and operating software applications (Python)
- Modern monitoring and telemetry methodologies (Graphite)
- OSI model
- Familiarity with OOP and REST principles
- Ability to develop software (C/C++, Java, Python, Go)
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in computer science, engineering or mathematical field of study