DevOps Engineer at cohesion
cohesion is a leading Intelligent Buildings software solution that is disrupting how buildings operate and how people engage with buildings – from real estate owners/investors, operators, building engineers, to tenants and visitors. Our cutting-edge converged IoT-enabled platform brings together building systems, building software, and business applications into a single portal for on web and mobile platforms to forge the path to autonomous buildings.
We are searching for a DevOps Engineer to join our rapidly growing team in our Chicago office.
What You’ll Do
- Implement Software Configuration Management (SCM), Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD).
- Develop and automate infrastructure provisioning using "Infrastructure as Code" concepts.
- Employ best practices to continuously improve quality assurance and release automation within an agile development framework.
- Present audience-appropriate concepts and insights at all levels of a software organization (CxO, architect, technical team).
- Optimize cloud resources utilization to achieve optimum ROI.
- Implement Robust processes to deploy code from a code repository to the cloud.
- Experience working with globally distributed teams.
- Empower and support development teams to stay agile with automated Ops processes.
- 7+ years of Hands-on experience in Development and Systems operations.
- Experience implementing CI/CD in Microsoft eco-system (e.g., AzureDevOps, Jenkins)
- Experience with DevOps and “infrastructure as code” tools. (e.g., Chef, Terraform, Ansible, Puppet).
- Containerization techniques like Container Orchestration, Monitoring/Alerting, Security best practices, automated deployments, and tools. (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, AKS)
- Hands-on experience of Linux and or Microsoft systems administration (e.g., Powershell, Bash)
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum and Kanban) and Tools (Jira, Confluence)
- Experience monitoring infrastructure health (Application Insights, ELK, Datadog)
- Experience creating private package repositories for multiple languages (e.g., Artifactory, Nexus)
- Experience with various Git flows and tools (e.g., GitHub)
- Knowledge of Implementing Automated Tests integration, Code analysis tools, security vulnerability checks, network availability.
- Experience supporting IoT systems on edge and in the cloud.
- Networking concepts like load balancing, gateways, TLS, SSL management, virtual networks, subnets, routers in the cloud environment.
- Working with different architecture patterns like MicroServices, SOA, Event-driven systems.
What you can expect from Cohesion
Cohesion is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to eligible, full-time employees in the United States. Our benefits are designed to invest in our employees— and their family’s —well-being, including investments in their health, happiness, and well-being.
- Receiving a competitive compensation package, including bonus, health/dental insurance, and 401k match
- Receiving a monthly cell phone and wellness stipend after 6 months of employment
- Enjoying a responsible unlimited PTO program to help employees maintain work-life balance.
- 2-way flexibility of work schedules
- Dressing for your day
- Working in an open environment with creative optional brainstorming sessions for all employees
- Participating in one all-employee lunch per month and one all-employee breakfast per month
- Enjoying family leave benefits
At Cohesion, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse thought and practice. Individuals seeking employment at Cohesion are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.