At Kin + Carta, we’ve got opportunities to offer you — for growth, for leadership, for big, world-changing impact and for, dare we say it, fun. We are a global workforce that is committed to building a world that works better for everyone. And that starts with our Kin. That’s why we’re proud of:
- The life we create within our virtual walls, every day
- Being B Corp certified
- Our honor as a “Best Large Firm to Work For” by Consulting Magazine
Kin + Carta is looking for a DevOps Engineer with a combination of system engineering, infrastructure, and development background to join our Engineering Cloud Practice.
This is a new position at Kin + Carta on a growing team, and you’ll be adding your experiences and perspective to building out this in-demand client offering.
- Build code delivery pipelines that bake in quality and security and automate everything that can be done around software delivery
- Add robust monitoring, alerting and logging, and automating triage activities as much as possible
- Help project teams build applications that are reliable and meet performance metrics
- Measure and track performance for the client project team
- Automate the deployment of infrastructure
- Bring a software engineering mindset to infrastructure creation and management, while applying the best operational views to ensure security, scalability and compliance
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- 3+ years of experience in core programming
- 3+ years of experience in at least one of the following: data center architecture, operational services, client-facing interactions, automation or cloud platforms
- 1+ year of experience working with a scripting language, including but not limited to: Python, Golang, Bash, and/or Powershell
- 1+ year of experience automating IT Operations processes with various tools
- 1+ year of experience in a cloud or cloud-like environment including, but not limited to Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, Red Hat Openshift, VMware Tanzu
- Experience supporting and/or leading CI/CD tools integration/ operations/ change management, and maintenance.
- Experience supporting and/or leading full automation of CI/ Testing.
- Comfortable working in a collaborative environment with individuals locally and distributed globally
- Must possess coding and test programming skills for software and mobile apps.
- Experience automating IT Operations processes via automated pipelines using common scripting languages including Shell, Python, Golang or Ruby
- Experience with configuration/cluster management technologies including Kubernetes, Chef, Puppet, Docker, Heroku buildpacks, BOSH or Ansible
- Experience in creating infrastructure as code (ie Terraform, Jenkins DSL with Groovy)
- Solid understanding of systems monitoring, alerting and analytics.
- Proactive inclination to break down complex problems into steps that drive customer value
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a team settings
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta is a global digital transformation consultancy committed to working alongside our clients to build a world that works better #ForEveryone. Our 1,700 curious minds make creative connections between people, data and technology to create connected outcomes across the full lifecycle of the product and platform ecosystems.
We’re makers, builders and creators by nature, and we come to work every day to build experiences for some of the world’s most influential companies. We help businesses accelerate their digital roadmap, rapidly innovate, modernize their systems, enable their teams and optimize for continued growth.
We are a technology business with trust and human connection at its heart. As a Certified B Corp, our triple bottom line focus on people, the planet and profit is at the core of everything we do.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Awareness, check out the IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.