This position supports the Product and Technology Department by developing and building IT solutions, install and configure solutions, implement reusable components, translate technical requirements, assist with all stages of test data, develop interface stubs and simulators and perform script maintenance and updates. This individual stays apprised of new developments in both AWS and operations, and assits in determining how and when those would affect and/or improve our architecture.
- Recommend alternate choices and trade-offs for various design decisions. Investigate performance and process failures and work to improve them.
- Responsible for developing and building IT solutions, install and configure solutions, implement reusable components, translate technical requirements, assist with all stages of test data, develop interface stubs and simulators and perform script maintenance and updates.
- Stay apprised of new developments in both AWS and operations, help in determining how and when those would affect and/or improve our architecture.
- Work closely with development teams to integrate their projects into the production AWS environment and ensure their ongoing support once there.
- Gain a deep application-level knowledge of the systems as well as contributing to their overall design.
- Work closely with other internal teams to build security, reliability, and scalability into the development lifecycle.
- Dive deep into the software stack to troubleshoot as needed.
- Build engineering automation and productivity tools to streamline and scale applications in the production environment.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to application development, deployment and operations.
- Build from the ground up reliable infrastructure services in AWS to deliver highly scalable services.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code, CloudFormation, Chef, or other equivalent tools.
- Experience working in an iterative based development environment using Agile/SCRUM or Kanban
- Remain up to date on industry trends; able to articulate trends and potential clearly and confidently
- Fosters a positive team environment
- Ensures confidentiality of internal and external data
- Performs ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
- Learning Agility – Advanced
- Analysis – Advanced
- Problem Solving – Advanced
- Prioritization – Advanced
People Management Skills
- Proficient in basic people management processes
- Proficient in leading a small team on a day to day basis, within a broader organization structure
Role Specific Skills
- Utilize AWS, Redis, MySQL & Postgres, MongoDB, Jenkins, JIRA&Confluence, TFS, Chef, Ansible, Gitlab, Container including Docker, Kubernetes etc, Hadoop and network monitoring tools like cloudwatch, sumologic, splunk etc;.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required)
- Bachelor’s Degree or MS in Engineering or equivalent
- 5 of years previous experience in development and operations, or related IT, computer, or operations field
- Experience with industry trends
- Experience in Scrum/Kanban/SAFe, Agile workflow methodologies
Other Relevant Qualifications
- Certified AWS Solution Architecture or relevant certification
- Basic Network certification (CCNA,CCNP)
- Experience in Docker or ECS, EKS, Kubernetes
- Experience in ElasticSearch, Kibana, LogStash, Splunk
- Experience in Cassandra, Hadoop, Spark or Cloudera
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.